Carrie Underwood promotes pet adoptionSeptember 14th, 2012 - 9:43 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 14 (IANS) Singer Carrie Underwood has urged her fans to adopt abandoned animals after visiting a shelter in her hometown.
The 29-year-old was in her native Oklahoma Monday and stopped at the Checotah Animal Shelter, which she helped launch through her charitable Cats Foundation, reports contactmusic.com.
She took to Twitter to post a photo of herself with her arms full of kittens and encouraged followers to consider rescuing a pet.
She tweeted, “Hanging out at the Checotah Animal Shelter! Anyone want a kitten? I think we have a few! Ha ha.”
Underwood also shared a snap of her cuddling another kitten and added, “Someone left this one at the grocery store…”
- Underwood building school playground - Oct 18, 2011
- Paris Hilton adopts new dog - Dec 17, 2010
- Pammie spreads Christmas cheer by visiting UK charities - Dec 31, 2010
- Betty White judges the cat photo contest - Jan 21, 2011
- Miley Cyrus shares bed with pets - Aug 22, 2012
- Stray cat gives birth in a tumble dryer - Jun 20, 2012
- Kim Kardashian defends Twitter cat pic - Apr 21, 2010
- Lady Gaga's perfume photos leaked online - Jun 15, 2012
- When Hathaway thought of living with a cat - Aug 21, 2011
- Man kills four cats by smashing them on walls - Nov 26, 2011