Carrie Fisher is the new face of Jenny CraigJanuary 13th, 2011 - 2:10 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 13 (ANI): Actress Carrie Fisher, who gained 75 pounds from her 1977 “Star Wars” days, says she is ready to get back in shape after becoming the new face of Jenny Craig.
The 54-year-old star says, “I’m fat” after gaining 75 pounds from her “Star Wars” days. The 5′1′ star says at her highest, she weighed 180lbs.
“All the clothes in my closet belong to another chick. They have to make a new alphabet for my bra size,” Fox News quoted her telling People magazine.
Fisher said her weight crept up on her slowly over the years before picking up steam three years ago when she went on the road with her one-woman show “Wishful Drinking.”
No exercise and an unbalanced diet led her to her highest weight ever, Fisher said.
“I would just graze, but I didn’t do it healthy - it was like putting on the feed bag,” Fisher said.
After struggling with drug and alcohol addiction, and life’s tragedies like the death of her father Eddie Fisher last September, she says food became a comfort for her.
She admits to turning to ice cream bars to help her cope. “That was bad. I was in denial,” she said.
But since joining Jenny Craig in November, Fisher says she has already dropped 12 pounds by eating plan-approved meals and exercising five days a week. (ANI)
- Kirstie Alley Has Lost Over 50 Pounds - Sep 28, 2010
- 'Star Wars' actor Mark Hamill loses Luke Skywalker charms - Apr 02, 2011
- Mel B new face of Jenny Craig - Oct 12, 2011
- Former Cheers star Kirstie Alley has lost 50 pounds, wants to lose 30 more - Sep 28, 2010
- Kirstie Alley loses 23kg, with 14kg more to go - Sep 27, 2010
- Carrie Fisher opens up about her shock treatment - Dec 14, 2010
- Carey sheds baby weight - Nov 10, 2011
- Romantic Proposal: Valerie Bertinelli Gets Engaged in Italy! - May 21, 2010
- Drew Carey and his weight loss on GMA - Aug 06, 2010
- Parineeti's weight issues - May 06, 2012
- Consumer Reports rates 'Jenny Craig' as the best weight-loss program - May 11, 2011
- 'Diet in a box' delivered to your door-the latest slimming fad in UK - Dec 13, 2010
- Carrie Fisher finds comparisons to her younger, slimmer self 'crippling' - Oct 06, 2009
- Jennifer to pen weight loss tips - Jun 07, 2011
- Fisher did the first 'Brangelina' by dumping Reynolds for Taylor - Sep 27, 2010
Tags: actress, alphabet, carrie fisher, chick, cope, denial, drug and alcohol, drug and alcohol addiction, eddie fisher, fox news, jenny craig, last september, new face, old star, people magazine, steam, tragedies, unbalanced diet, wishful drinking, woman show