Carrie Fisher has electric shock therapy to help her battle depressionFebruary 17th, 2011 - 2:26 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 17 (ANI): Actress Carrie Fisher has revealed that she has electro-shock therapy once every six weeks to help her cope with chronic depression.
The 54-year-old ‘Star Wars’ legend told Oprah Winfrey she has the treatment every six weeks to ‘blow apart the cement’ in her brain, reports the Daily Mail.
Carrie was talking to the chat show queen with her equally famous Hollywood mother Debbie Reynolds, 78.
She said: “It makes me feel better, it is not like it was. They put you to sleep and give you a medication so there is no convulsions and put these films on you and it is over very quickly.
“I was getting medication that medication could not handle. It feels like my brain gets moored down in cement and it kind of blows that apart. You can move on from whatever feelings you cannot resolve through therapy and medications.” (ANI)
- Fisher did the first 'Brangelina' by dumping Reynolds for Taylor - Sep 27, 2010
- Hawn had therapy to cope with instant fame - Jan 28, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey sells Chicago apartment - Jul 19, 2012
- Carrie Fisher opens up about her shock treatment - Dec 14, 2010
- Electric shock therapy helped Carrie Fisher beat the blues - Dec 11, 2008
- Oprah reveals family secret: A secret half sister who was put up for adoption at birth - Jan 25, 2011
- Debbie Reynolds says she forgave Liz Taylor for stealing hubby years ago - Mar 27, 2011
- Elizabeth Taylor was in lot of pain before death, says Debbie Reynolds - Mar 25, 2011
- Michelle Obama says she thinks about military families when she's down - Jan 27, 2011
- Oprah's warmth bowls over B-town celebs - Jan 17, 2012
- Pop singer Eddie Fisher dies at age 82 - Sep 24, 2010
- Crowd Goes Berserk In Oprah Winfrey's 'Favorite Things' Episode - Nov 19, 2010
- Divorce became a positive thing for Shania Twain - May 04, 2011
- Meet the Brit woman who is a human magnet - Aug 19, 2010
- Oprah demands respect for Obama - Feb 12, 2011
Tags: actress, brain, carrie fisher, cement, chat show, chronic depression, convulsions, daily mail, debbie reynolds, electric shock therapy, electro shock therapy, feelings, hollywood, london feb, medication, mother debbie, old star, oprah winfrey, six weeks, star wars