Carrey, Mcgregor gets French honourFebruary 3rd, 2010 - 3:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 3 (IANS) Jim Carrey and Ewan Mcgregor have received the French government’s highest honours in recognition of their contributions to the movie industry.
American comic actor Carrey and Scottish actor McGregor were named knights in the prestigious National Order of Arts and Letters ceremony Monday, reported contactmusic.com.
The event that took place in Paris saw the actors accepting their honours from the French Culture Minister Frederic Mitterrand.
- McGregor replaces Depp in Don Quixote movie - May 19, 2010
- Jim Carrey Loved Kissing His Male Co Star In His Latest Flick! - Dec 03, 2010
- Marianne Faithfull receives one of France's highest cultural honours - Mar 24, 2011
- McGregor not in Madonna's movie - Mar 25, 2010
- Michael Caine received highest French honour - Jan 07, 2011
- Sir Michael Caine thanks France for the wrong award - Jan 07, 2011
- Donald Sutherland honored in France - Jun 11, 2012
- Marion Cotillard, Tim Burton receive French honour - Mar 16, 2010
- Jim Carrey says Ewan McGregor is a great kisser - Dec 01, 2010
- Stevie Wonder made Commander of Arts and Letters in France - Mar 07, 2010
- Robert Pattinson named Britain's 'best-dressed man' - Sep 29, 2010
- Ewan McGregor says Los Angeles is better than London - Aug 02, 2010
- Mcgregor wants a break for family time - Jan 23, 2012
- McGregor's 'The Pillow Book' embarrassment - Oct 10, 2011
- McGregor supports Unicef campaign - Apr 03, 2011
Tags: actor carrey, actor mcgregor, actors, arts and letters, comic actor, culture minister, ewan mcgregor, frederic mitterrand, french culture, french government, french honour, honours, jim carrey, knights, london feb, movie industry, place in paris, scottish actor