Carlos Santana’s 34-year old marriage comes to an endNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:19 am ICT by admin
Santana’s rep Michael Jensen confirmed the split but said it was a private matter.
“(It’s) a private matter and there is no comment,” Ok! Magazine quoted the rep, as saying.
Santa and Deborah, daughter of blues singer and guitarist Saunders King, tied the knot in 1973.
The couple have three children, Salvador, Stella and Angelica, and are co-founders of The Milagro Foundtaion, a non-profit organization tending to underprivileged children which they formed in 1998
Santana himself acknowledged some of those “irreconcilable differences” after the release of his wife’s 2005 memoir, Space Between the Stars, in which she wrote about his infidelities.
At the time the rocker said: “I sincerely apologized to her and to my kids when I wasn’t in my right mind and did something hurtful. It has helped me become more humble and to try harder to be the man she wants me to be.” (ANI)
- Carlos Santana proposes onstage to Cindy Blackman - Jul 13, 2010
- Guitarist Santana Proposes To Drummer Cindy Blackman On Stage - Jul 13, 2010
- Slash Calls off Divorce of Perla Ferrar - Nov 02, 2010
- Second man on moon files for divorce - Jun 17, 2011
- Guns N' Roses guitarist calls off divorce - Nov 03, 2010
- Larry King And His Seventh Wife Drop Divorce Plan - May 13, 2010
- Dating service uses philandering Mexican politician's image - Jun 08, 2012
- James Marsden splits from wife - Oct 02, 2011
- Former Guns 'N' Roses Rocker Slash Seeking Divorce From Wife Perla Ferrar - Aug 31, 2010
- Jim Carrey's daughter splits from hubby after 1 year of marriage - Dec 08, 2010
- Slash Changes His Mind, Calls Off Divorce - Nov 02, 2010
- Divorce plans canceled and Larry King is back with his wife Shawn - May 13, 2010
- After Eva Longoria, Brent Barry files for divorce - Nov 19, 2010
- Slash Calls Off His Divorce due to a 'change of heart' - Nov 02, 2010
- Carlos Santana Proposes To His Love Cindy Blackman - Jul 13, 2010
Tags: angelica, blues singer, carlos santana, county superior court, founders, infidelities, irreconcilable differences, knot, marin county superior court, memoir, michael jensen, milagro, non profit organization, ok magazine, private matter, saunders king, she wrote, three children, try harder, underprivileged children