Carlos Santana Comes to American IdolMay 22nd, 2009 - 1:30 am ICT by GD
In a huge celebrity line-up as guest performers, the finale of the eighth season of American Idol seemed straight out of an Academy awards event with its glittering stars. Rod Stewart, Steve Martin, Queen Latifah, Cyndi Lauper, and the god of guitar, Carlos Santana crooned with the contestants and mesmerized the viewers with some top-notch performances.
Carlos Santana came onstage to perform his most famous “Black Magic Woman” and Matt Giraud- in all red- came in to join Santana with a few bars and soon the rest of the contestants came out to sing “Smooth”. The finalists Adam Lambert and Kris Allen both got a line each from the song, and did justice to it, as the maestro himself strummed away on his guitar. But the sexiness that the guys were trying to bring out did seem a bit out of place, and affected, to say the least. One good visual was Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta doing their own gig during the song on one side of the stage, with all their chemistry and talent shining through.
The show finally ended with Kris Allen winning the title, in a minor upset. Host Ryan Seacrest said just under a hundred million votes had come in and the verdict was Kris Allen and not the “Guyliner” Adam Lambert. Judge Simon Cowell, who was rooting for Adam all these weeks, was also gracious about Allen’s winning the title and said the results reminded him of last year when again, the underdog had won the title.
- Cyndi Lauper and Others Perform at American Idol Finale - May 21, 2009
- April 29 episode of American Idol was a shocker - Apr 30, 2009
- American Idol Recap - Apr 16, 2009
- American Idol Rocks to Elvis - Apr 15, 2010
- 'American Idol' judge strips during grand finale - May 21, 2009
- Adam Lambert sang "Feeling Good" for Rat Pack theme for American Idol - Apr 29, 2009
- April 1, American Idol Results - Apr 02, 2009
- Dreams realized with American Idol - Mar 19, 2009
- Quentin Tarantino Appears on American Idol - Apr 15, 2009
- Can Adam Be the Next Lead Singer of Queen? - May 22, 2009
- It is American Idol time again! The Top 3 - May 08, 2009
- Chris Daughtry And Carlos Santana Sizzle On "Dancing With The Stars" Stage - Sep 22, 2010
- Gwen Stefani performes "I'm Just a Girl" at the American Idol - May 08, 2009
- Cyndi Lauper To Pen Broadway Musical - Jun 23, 2010
- Allison Iraheta Back On "American Idol" Stage - Feb 26, 2010
Tags: allison iraheta, american idol, awards event, black magic woman, carlos santana, cyndi lauper, eighth season, glittering stars, guest performers, guyliner, hundred million, matt giraud, queen latifah, ryan seacrest, sexiness, simon cowell, steve martin, steve martin queen latifah, top notch, winning the title