Captain Sully Movie Will Revive “Miracle on the Hudson”October 4th, 2010 - 7:54 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar,
Oct 4, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Chesley Burnett “Sully” Sullenberger III, better known as the “Miracle on the Hudson” hero, will now be the inspiration for a new movie. The famous air- force and commercial pilot, will reveal the secrets behind his success in this new movie, which he would make by himself.
The movie will be based on his biography, “Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters.” He was initially hesitant about selling the copy right of this book or even make it public. However, when he met Harrison Ford, he was all more encouraged with the desire to turn the dream into a reality. The movie will also give details on how Captain Sully, rescued 155 passengers and landed them safely on the Hudson river in the year 1549, made him a national hero overnight. A movie, “The Miracle on the Hudson” was also made in the year 2009, was based on this indecent. This time the movie version of the book “Highest Duty: My Search for What Really Matters”, will give some more details about the pilot’s life.
Initially he wanted Harrison Ford to play the role of Sully. In a recent aviation show Chesley Burnett Sullenberger, spoke to Harrison Ford about the movie and his interest of casting him in the lead role, considering, Harrison Ford is also a pilot by profession. But now he also has a few other names in mind like William H. Macy, Richard Dreyfuss and Alex Trebek, who he thinks would fit the role, as he has mustache. The movie right has been taken by Flashlight Films. The movie is still on a pre-production stage.
- Captain Sully Lands Movie Deal "Miracle on the Hudson" - Oct 04, 2010
- Captain Sully Movie deal Finalized - Oct 04, 2010
- Sully Speaks on 'Miracle on the Hudson's' Second Anniversary - Jan 15, 2011
- Hudson hero Sully set to return to friendly skies - Sep 11, 2009
- Captain "Sully", Hudson River emergency landing pilot retires - Mar 04, 2010
- Hudson crash landing hero Sullenberger retires - Mar 04, 2010
- Captain Sully talks about the miracle of the Hudson on its second anniversary - Jan 15, 2011
- Hero pilot "Sully" Sullenberger to fly again for U.S. Airways - Sep 29, 2009
- Sullenberger's book about US Airways Flight 1549 which landed in Hudson - Oct 14, 2009
- Passengers praise pilot for landing Delta flight in New York safely - Sep 27, 2010
- US Airways pilot Chesley Sullenberger III hailed as hero on Facebook - Jan 17, 2009
- Hudson hero Sully to be part of US Airways' safety management team - Sep 29, 2009
- Delta Airlines Pilot Makes Emergency One Wheeled Landing at JFK - Sep 28, 2010
- Hudson hero Sully to share his 'pricey' Flight 1549 story - Mar 27, 2009
- Virgin Air''s Branson keen to recruit US Airways pilot hero Sullenberger - Feb 02, 2009
Tags: air force, alex trebek, aviation, chesley, commercial pilot, flashlight, harrison ford, hudson river, inspiration, kar, lead role, meena, miracle, mustache, national hero, production stage, profession, richard dreyfuss, sully, william h macy