Capello hails Beckhams move to AC MilanOctober 31st, 2008 - 4:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 31 (ANI): England coach Fabio Capello reckons that David Beckham will be a great acquisition for AC Milan after the midfielder finalised his loan switch to the Italian giants.
Beckham will join up with his new teammates on January 7 after holding talks with representatives from the Serie A side.
And former Rossoneri boss Capello - who coached the ex-England captain at Real Madrid - admitted signing the 33-year-old is a great move by his old club.
If Milan sign him they will make a great acquisition. He is a very focused lad. He is a professional. When I left him out of the team in Madrid because he had signed the contract with the Los Angeles Galaxy, he continued to come to the pitch to train and I put him back in the team.
Capellos endorsement came shortly after it was revealed that Beckhams lawyers had brought forward talks with Milan over the switch, The Sun reported.
The former Manchester United star will re-join the Galaxy for the start of the 2009 Major League Soccer season in March but was quick to explain the reasons behind his loan switch.
Beckham said: One of the reasons I want to train and play in Milan for a few months is the fact that the MLS season doesnt run as long as the European season.
Having played most of my career in Europe, my body has been trained and geared not to have that amount of time off. Obviously, I will be honoured to be given the chance to train and play with the likes of Ronaldinho and Kaka, but it also gives me the chance to keep my fitness up and carry that on for when I come back to the Galaxy for the new MLS season.
But Goldenballs rubbished suggestions he had bought a house in Milan and denied planning to purchase a jet, and pledged his future to Bruce Arenas MLS side.
He added: Next season is an important one for the Galaxy. We havent been in the play-offs for three years now and for a team like LA Galaxy we all know that isnt good enough. (ANI)
- Beckham's European loan move in jeopardy over TV deal - Dec 26, 2010
- Ferguson rules out Beckham's Man U return - Dec 24, 2010
- FA denies Redknapp, Beckham 'dream team' replacing Capello - Jan 07, 2011
- Beckham back at AC Milan in January - Nov 03, 2009
- Beckham won't be playing against Man U - Jan 12, 2011
- David Beckham wins the MLS Comeback Player of the Year Award - Nov 15, 2011
- Victoria Beckham's baby bump is now visible - Apr 14, 2011
- Tottenham Hotspur still has chances of signing Beckham: Redknapp - Jan 10, 2011
- Beckham branded a 'selfish pig' by Los Angeles Galaxy fan - Jan 03, 2011
- Fans boos welcome Beckham during LA Galaxy's first game - Mar 17, 2011
- Capello does not listen to anyone: Arshavin - Aug 16, 2012
- Beckham's AC Milan stint to seal his England ticket for 2010 World Cup - Jan 06, 2010
- Beckham says he is willing to extend his L.A. Galaxy stay - Nov 08, 2009
- Berlusconi dreams of buying Ronaldo for AC Milan - Apr 13, 2011
- Beckham wants to buy soccer team - Jul 31, 2011
Tags: ac milan, amount of time, bruce arenas, coach fabio capello, david beckham, england captain, england coach, kaka, lad, los angeles galaxy, major league soccer, manchester united, midfielder, mls season, oct 31, play offs, real madrid, ronaldinho, rossoneri, soccer season