Can’t thank our teachers enough: B-town on Teachers DaySeptember 5th, 2012 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 5 (IANS) Teachers play an important role in shaping our personalities and Bollywood celebrities like Bipasha Basu, Madhur Bhandarkar and Anupam Kher admit it and thank their Gurus for helping them reach the position where they are today.
In India, Teachers Day is celebrated to mark the birthday of academician, philosopher and second Indian president Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
Here is what the celebrities have to say:
Bipasha Basu: My teachers are responsible for who I am today. They encouraged me to be forthright, honest and responsible. Happy Teacher’s Day!
Madhur Bhandarkar: If you can read this. Thank a teacher!!! Happy Teacher’s Day.
Anupam Kher: Teaching is the greatest act of OPTIMISM. Happy Teacher’s Day.
Satish Kaushik: Satish don’t do anything in life… become an actor. Late Prof. Frank Thakurdas told me when I was passing out from college… Thanks Sir… Happy Teacher’s Day.
Manoj Bajpayee: Thank you Barry John for turning a nothing Manoj into something Manoj. I owe a lot to you.
Kailash Kher: Today is Teacher’s day, the biggest teacher in our life is our mother, and this day I would dedicate to all mothers and womanhood… all respect.
Sanjay Gupta: Happy Teacher’s Day. Mine are responsible for who I am and I can’t thank them enough. I wish all my teachers are well and safe and healthy.
Dia Mirza: You chided me, reprimanded me, coaxed me, but most importantly you taught me to question, reason, wonder, and think. Thank you my teachers!
Mandira Bedi: Happy Teachers Day…! I think today, of all the kind, caring and compassionate teachers who I have taught me over the years…! Thank you.
Gul Panag: Happy Teacher’s Day!!
Sophie Choudry: Thank you to all my teachers for helping me become the person I am! Big thank you to my amazing mum and especially to life… the greatest teacher of all!
- Bollywood celebs go down memory lane, thank teachers - Sep 05, 2011
- Bollywood wishes Happy Friendship Day - Aug 07, 2011
- B-town wishes love, luck for Sonam's birthday - Jun 09, 2012
- Women superior to men, tweet Bollywood stars - Mar 08, 2011
- Proud to be Indian, tweets Bollywood - Jan 26, 2012
- Bollywood hails Anna Hazare's victory; terms it a new dawn - Aug 28, 2011
- 'Happy Mother's day', tweets Bollywood - May 13, 2012
- Congrats Mrs and Mr Deshmukh, tweets B-town - Feb 03, 2012
- Happy Janmashtami, says Bollywood - Aug 22, 2011
- Ganpati Bappa Morya: B-Town wishes Happy Ganesh Chaturthi - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: anupam kher, bipasha basu, bollywood celebrities, dia mirza, dr sarvepalli radhakrishnan, gul panag, gurus, india teachers, indian president, mandira bedi, manoj, optimism, philosopher, president dr, prof frank, sanjay gupta, satish kaushik, sophie, teachers day, womanhood