Can’t even think of comparisons with Big B: HrithikJanuary 27th, 2012 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 27 (IANS) Amitabh Bachchan made Vijay Dinanath Chauhan’s character in the 1990 “Agneepath” iconic, but the film didn’t do wonders at the box office. Almost two decades later now, Hrithik Roshan, who has reprised the role in its remake that has collected Rs.25 crore on the opening day, says it’s unfair to compare the two actors.
“You can’t compare (with Amitabh). If you start comparing, I will fail in a second. I feel people are not saying that I have done as well (as Bachchan), but I think what they are saying is I have done well in my way and they are cheering for me,” said Hrithik, who is receiving rave reviews for his performance.
“I don’t even want to analyse. There are no comparisons in my head,” added the 38-year-old actor.
The remake, produced by Karan Johar and directed by debutant Karan Malhotra, broke recent opening day box office records, garnering Rs.25 crore. The collections have left behind figures of hits like “Bodyguard” and “RA.One”, which made Rs.22 crore and Rs.18 crore, respectively.
Hrithik feels blessed with the response, but credits the entire team for the success.
“I feel blessed. I think this is what we live for. I am on centrestage but it’s a victory for the entire team so I am representing all people - the light boys, the staff, the writers, music directors, the director, everybody is a part of this joy,” he said.
“This is a tribute, a homage to the legend of ‘Agneepath’,” he added.
The handsome hunk has been on a roll after the success of his last film “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara”, for which he has been nominated for the Filmfare best actor award.
Hrithik is currently busy shooting for his father Rakesh Roshan’s “Krrish 2″.
- Record opening for 'Agneepath', earns Rs.25 crore - Jan 27, 2012
- Don't want to only do remakes: Hrithik Roshan - Jan 13, 2012
- Hrithik eager to show 'Agneepath' to Big B - Jan 17, 2012
- Shilpa goes gaga over 'Agneepath' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 29, 2012
- Hrithik cracks overseas market - Aug 06, 2011
- I'm fuelled up, ready for challenges, says Hrithik post 'Agneepath' success - Jan 30, 2012
- I wish Hrithik good luck for 'Agneepath' remake: Abhishek - Nov 27, 2010
- Hrithik getting in shape for 'Krrish 2' - Jan 11, 2012
- Awards are important, says SRK - Jan 14, 2012
- Rishi Kapoor has always been an inspiration, says Hrithik - Mar 26, 2011
- I am not a good actor: Hrithik Roshan - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Agneepath' a tribute, not a remake: Karan Johar - Aug 30, 2011
- Farhan finds awards fair (Movie Snippets) - Jan 16, 2012
- I'm very happy we're making a sequel to 'Krrish': Hrithik - Jan 10, 2011
- You can't stress me out: Priyanka (Movie Snippets) - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: actor award, agneepath, amitabh bachchan, best actor, centrestage, crore, dobara, entire team, film didn, filmfare, handsome hunk, hrithik roshan, johar, krrish 2, last film, malhotra, music directors, opening day, rakesh roshan, zindagi