Cancer helped bring together Douglas’ familySeptember 25th, 2010 - 12:49 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 24 (IANS) Hollywood actor Michael Douglas’ ill health due to cancer helped bring his family together.
The 65-year-old actor, who is undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatment after doctors found a tumour at the base of his tongue, hasn’t tried to hide his condition from his kids with wife Catherine Zeta-Jones.
“The children have been fantastically supportive. I’ve taken them to watch my radiation treatments so they understand what’s going on, and I’ve taken them to see their brother in federal prison. It’s brought us a little closer in some ways,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Douglas as saying.
Although the “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps” actor is positive he will win his cancer battle, he admits the treatment has taken a “big toll” on him.
“I’m finding that solitude and quiet is what I really need. I’m really enjoying listening to music and reading books, but the radiation and the increased soreness of my mouth and the chemo continue to knock me out.”
“On the one hand, my tumour is shrinking and getting a lot smaller, but on the other, the processes used to eliminate it is taking a big toll,” he said.
- British stiff upper lip caused Catherine Zeta-Jones' break down: Michael Douglas - Apr 27, 2011
- Chemotherapy limits my day, says Michael Douglas - Sep 10, 2010
- Catherine Zeta Jones' agony over Michael Douglas's throat cancer - Sep 05, 2010
- Michael Douglas vows not to succumb to his cancer - Sep 13, 2010
- Michael Douglas' health raises concerns - Oct 05, 2010
- Proud of Zeta-Jones for seeking help: Demi Lovato - Apr 15, 2011
- Douglas honoured with Palm Springs icon award - Jan 16, 2011
- Douglas used wheelchair during theme park visit - Dec 05, 2010
- In US, Zeta-Jones misses family - Jun 17, 2012
- Michael Douglas to undergo chemo for throat tumour - Aug 17, 2010
- Michael Douglas To Undergo Chemotherapy For Throat Tumor - Aug 17, 2010
- Michael Douglas says his tumour has vanished - Jan 11, 2011
- Douglas, Zeta-Jones to renew wedding vows - Sep 16, 2010
- Michael Douglas vows to act again after undergoing cancer treatment - Dec 01, 2010
- Catherine Zeta Jones 'received treatment for manic depression' - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: actor michael douglas, cancer battle, catherine zeta jones, chemotherapy, doctors, federal prison, hasn, hollywood actor, ill health, listening to music, michael douglas, radiation treatment, radiation treatments, reading books, solitude, street money, tongue, tumour, wall street, wife catherine