Campbell wants kids, but only when she is readySeptember 2nd, 2010 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 2 (IANS) Supermodel Naomi Campbell says she wants to have children but only when she feels she is ready.
The 40-year-old, who is currently dating Russian billionaire Vladimir Doronin, insists she no longer tries to plan too far ahead as battling alcoholism has taught her to take things one day at a time.
“Whenever god decides it’s right for me. I don’t put pressure on myself. I let things happen how they should naturally. That’s how I am today. I’m a recovering alcoholic and addict and I don’t drink and I don’t do drugs. I live my life one day at a time,” contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.
Naomi also admitted she is still struggling to come to terms with the death of her godchild, Nelson Mandela’s great-granddaughter Zenani, who passed away after a car crash in June.
“I was in South Africa when she died. She was due to stay with me the next day and I had just been to Topshop to buy her lots of stuff. I really can’t talk about it. It’s too recent. It’s sad when god decides to take a soul that young,” she said.
- Naomi Campbell's video tribute to Mandela's great-granddaughter - Jun 19, 2010
- Naomi Campbell to follow kabbalah? - May 13, 2010
- Campbell wants to get on with her life after 'blood diamond' testimony - Aug 06, 2010
- Nelson Mandela inspires Naomi Campbell - Oct 20, 2010
- Nelson Mandela's Great-Granddaughter Killed In Car Crash - Jun 12, 2010
- Who Inspires Naomi Campbell? - Oct 21, 2010
- Mandela will not attend World Cup opening ceremony (Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- Nelson Mandela's great-granddaughter killed in car crash after World Cup concert - Jun 11, 2010
- Naomi Campbell says she gave 'blood diamonds' to Mandela charity - Aug 06, 2010
- Naomi Campbell All Set To Tie The Knot With Beau Vladislav Doronin - Nov 13, 2010
- Mandela's daughter, grandchildren attacked after his birthday party - Jul 22, 2010
- Campbell 'facing war crimes court appearance over blood diamond' - May 21, 2010
- Mandela won't attend World Cup opening ceremony (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- Former Mandela charity head hands in Campbell diamonds - Aug 06, 2010
- Naomi Campbell admits she was an 'active addict' during her twenties - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: addict, alcoholism, billionaire, car crash, day at a time, drugs, god, godchild, great granddaughter, london, naomi campbell, nelson mandela, one day at a time, south africa, supermodel naomi campbell, vladimir