Campbell Brown Says Goodbye To CNNJuly 22nd, 2010 - 7:37 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
July 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Campbell Brown has announced her decision to quit CNN. Her announcement came during her show at 8pm on July 21. Some of the reports suggest that the TV reporter has been asked to quit by the network because of the low ratings that her show received and also because of the channels other plans for the 8pm slot.
Campbell Brown ended her 3 year stint with CNN on July 21 and before her final; goodbye she thanked the audience and her staff. She said that the people who worked on the show were an extremely talented, loyal and dedicated group of people. She added that she loved working with each and every one of them during her three years with the network. Campbell Brown was presented with a bunch of flowers and a bottle of champagne. The bottle was uncorked just before the studio light went out. The news anchor was recently in the news after her show’s rating suffered greatly. CNN’s ‘Larry King Live’ has also hit its worst low in its 25 year history.
Rick Sanchez who is presently appearing on the 3pm to 5pm slot on CNN, will be filling in the 8 pm time-slot instead of Campbell Brown in August. He revealed, in a statement on Monday, that he is excited to work on the 8 pm slot and also talked about his upcoming book. In fall, however, the 8pm lot of CNN will be filled by Eliot Spitzer and Kathleen Parker. Campbell Brown’s future plans have not been disclosed and it is unclear whether she will be involved in any other show on CNN.
- Eliot Spitzer to replace Campbell Brown at CNN? - May 20, 2010
- CNN Shuffle: Campbell Brown's Out, Is Eliot Spitzer In? - May 20, 2010
- Eliot Spitzer May Collaborate With CNN At Campbell Brown's Time Slot - May 20, 2010
- Campbell Brown Quits CNN - May 22, 2010
- CNN's 'Parker Spitzer' debut attracts only 460,000 viewers - Oct 06, 2010
- Eliot Spitzer's New Job: Hosting Show On CNN? - May 20, 2010
- Campbell Brown quits CNN - May 22, 2010
- CNN 'hires Eliot Spitzer for less than $1m to host prime-time show' - Jul 21, 2010
- CNN's Campbell Brown Quits, 'No One Was Watching Me' - May 20, 2010
- Spitzer has tough time hooking guests for CNN's show - Oct 14, 2010
- Piers Morgan will replace Larry King - Sep 10, 2010
- Former Manhattan Madam says Spitzer is as bad in bed as on TV - Oct 08, 2010
- Teen voice of 'Dora the Explorer' Caitlin Sanchez sues Nickeloden - Oct 08, 2010
- Campbell Brown all set to bid adieu to CNN - May 19, 2010
- Rick Sanchez Fired From CNN For Calling Jon Stewart A "Bigot" - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: 3pm, audience, bunch of flowers, campbell brown, champagne, cnn, eliot spitzer, final goodbye, future plans, kar, kathleen parker, larry king, larry king live, meena, news anchor, rick sanchez, stint, time slot, tv reporter