Cameron voted ‘most powerful man’ in film worldSeptember 25th, 2010 - 3:18 pm ICT by IANS
London, Sep 25 (IANS) “Avatar” director James Cameron has been named the most powerful man in the film world, beating Steven Spielberg and Christopher Nolan to the top spot.
The Canadian director beat Steven Spielberg, Leonardo DiCaprio and Christopher Nolan in the list by the Guardian newspaper’s Film & Music supplement, which proclaimed him the most influential man, reports contactmusic.com.
“Cameron occupies the top two spots in the list of the highest grossing movies of all time, with ‘Titanic’ (worldwide gross: $1.8 billion) second only to ‘Avatar’ ($2.7 billion). Those figures are so high that it seems scarcely worth mentioning that other of his films, ‘Terminator 2: Judgement Day’, stands in the lower reaches of the top 100 with takings of over $519 million; loose change, really,” said a statement from the Guardian.
The list created by experts, including the Guardian’s film editor Andrew Pulvor, studio executive Colin Vaines and former artistic director of the Edinburgh International Film Festival Hannah McGill, also highlighted the importance of Brad Pitt, Quentin Tarantino and George Clooney in its top 10.
Other notable entries in the top 100 include British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen at number 26, “Prince of Persia” producer Jerry Bruckheimer at number 45 and “Kick-Ass” screenwriter Jane Goldman at number 96.
The following are the top five among the ‘Film Power 100′ by the Guardian newspaper’s Film & Music supplement:
1. James Cameron (director)
2. Steven Spielberg (director)
3. Leonardo DiCaprio (actor)
4. John Lasseter (director)
5. Brad Pitt (actor and producer)
- James Cameron named most influential in Hollywood - Sep 24, 2010
- James Cameron tops Hollywood rich list - Feb 03, 2011
- James Cameron declared most powerful man in UK film industry - Sep 25, 2010
- Here are the top 10 richest people in Hollywood - Feb 03, 2011
- 'Avatar' named most pirated film of 2010 - Dec 23, 2010
- James Cameron’s Avatar Takes Top Position In The Most Pirated List Of 2010 - Dec 22, 2010
- Kate Winslet's nude 'Titanic' sketch to go under the hammer - Apr 03, 2011
- DiCaprio embarrassed by 'Titanic' performance - Mar 29, 2012
- 'Toy Story 3' highest grosser of 2010 - Dec 30, 2010
- Brangelina named 'World's Sexiest Film Stars' - Aug 12, 2010
- Christopher Nolan says 007 influenced new movie 'Inception' - Jul 10, 2010
- Toy Story 3: Toys Knock Others Down In The Highest Grosser 2010 Race - Dec 30, 2010
- DiCaprio, Maguire, Hardy to produce new film - Aug 29, 2012
- Foxx to replace Smith in 'Django Unchained'? - Jun 25, 2011
- 'Inception' script was incredibly confusing, admits Leonardo DiCaprio - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: beating steven, british comedian, christopher nolan, comedian sacha baron cohen, director james cameron, edinburgh international film festival, george clooney, highest grossing movies of all time, international film festival, james cameron, jane goldman, jerry bruckheimer, john lasseter, leonardo dicaprio, prince of persia, producer jerry bruckheimer, quentin tarantino, sacha baron cohen, steven spielberg, terminator 2 judgement day