Cameron Douglas Sentenced To 5 Years In JailApril 21st, 2010 - 8:15 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
April 21, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Hollywood actor and producer, Michael Douglas, was present at court yesterday. There, he sat and viewed his 31-year-old son, Cameron Douglas, being awarded a five-year prison term. This sentence was provided by New York judge Richard Berman, for the drug trade charges against Cameron Douglas.
The five years is, in fact, less than the projected minimum sentence. This has come subsequent to a sequence of genuine prayers from the members of the Douglas family. Judge Berman portrayed the five-year sentence as Cameron’s ‘last chance to make it.’
The particulars of a letter, which Michael Douglas had inscribed to the judge, were discharged to the public. In the five-page letter, Michael Douglas explained his son’s difficult fight against his addiction. Douglas pointed the finger at all the stress of residing with a celebrity name.
Within the letter, Michael Douglas censured his awful marriage, his parenting abilities and his movie career. Michael Douglas also wrote in the letter that he was an absentee father to Cameron. Cameron’s step-mom, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Cameron’s grandfather, Kirk Douglas, had also inscribed letters of support.
Cameron – a DJ and amateur actor – had confessed to vending cocaine and methamphetamine at a hotel in New York’s Meatpacking district. The felony usually carries a minimum prison term of 10 years, unless the judge resolves to display compassion.
- Cameron Douglas' son sentencing on drug-dealing charges to be made public - Apr 17, 2010
- Sentence Hearing For Cameron Douglas' Drug Charges Begins - Apr 21, 2010
- Michael Douglas' son gets five years imprisonment - Apr 21, 2010
- Cameron Douglas sent for 5 years imprisonment - Apr 22, 2010
- Douglas's son in lock-up limbo as lawyers argue over right jail - Apr 23, 2010
- Cameron Douglas sentenced to 5 years in jail - Apr 21, 2010
- Catherine Zeta-Jones seeks leniency for stepson in drug sentencing - Apr 07, 2010
- Catherine Zeta Jones wants the judge to be lenient while sentencing Cameron Douglas - Apr 08, 2010
- No closed sentencing for Cameron Douglas - Apr 20, 2010
- Michael Douglas finds comfort in support letters from parents - May 23, 2010
- Michael Douglas says that he was seduced at 16, by his mother's friends - Apr 27, 2010
- Cameron Douglas Sentenced To Five Years In Jail - Apr 21, 2010
- I was seduced by older women as teen: Douglas - Apr 26, 2010
- Michael Douglas' son 'transferred to prison camp in Philadelphia' - May 17, 2010
- Michael Douglas' son gets 5yrs in prison for drug trafficking - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: absentee father, amateur actor, cameron douglas, catherine zeta jones, celebrity name, family judge, hollywood actor, hotel in new york, kirk douglas, meatpacking district, michael douglas, minimum sentence, pen men, prison term, producer michael, richard berman, son cameron, step mom, trade charges, york judge