Caine starred in ‘Sleuth’ remake only because of Pinter’s scriptNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:17 am ICT by admin
“It would have been had we been doing Tony Shaffer’s script, but it would have been a very short relationship because I would have said ‘no’, as I didn’t see any point in remaking Sleuth; I mean you could have made it a bit better I suppose, but not much. I mean Joe Mankiewicz did a fabulous job on it, Larry Olivier did a great job, Tony Shaffer did a great job, me you forget but those those three did a great job,” Moviehole quoted him as saying.
“So you’re gonna have to go some to improve on that, but what got me was the Pinter script. Because there is a rider to that in as much as Pinter used to be an actor called David Baron and we knew each other about 50 years ago, when he said he was going to write plays under his real name,” he added.
Caine also revealed that he was planning to do a small British picture ‘Is there anybody There?’, about a little boy of ten whose parents own an old folks’ home.
“He lives in an old folks’ home and all the people he makes friends with of course are old people and every time he makes a friend they die. So he gets a flashlight, a camera and a tape recorder and he starts to search the house for their ghosts and into the house comes an old magician who’s come to die, so he becomes friends with the magician and the magician helps him find his ghosts,” he said.
“It really is the most enchanting story. I mean it’s the reason I’m doing it, there is no money in it or anything,” he added. (ANI)
- Abhishek in awe of Michael Caine - Nov 24, 2011
- YRF Entertainment to produce, finance Nicole Kidman-starrer - May 19, 2012
- Mel Gibson missed Bond role because he was 'too short' - Nov 10, 2009
- Woman claims 13-year affair with U.S. presidential hopeful Herman Cain - Nov 29, 2011
- 'Khel Khel Mein' remake filming to start next year: Sanjay - May 24, 2012
- Manish Paul's forte - making sense out of nonsense (With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- Screenwriter of James Bond films dies aged 68 - Aug 03, 2010
- Merchant Navy to scriptwriting - Bikram Sandhu explores new avenues - Jun 24, 2012
- I expanded my story for 'Saat Khoon Maaf': Ruskin Bond (Interview) - Jan 23, 2011
- I'm open to criticism: Sikander Kher - Nov 19, 2011
- Indian wins magicians' 'Oscar' - Jun 04, 2011
- Hanif Kureishi awarded Pinter literary prize - Sep 18, 2010
- Beyond location, panellists debate Rajasthan in Indian cinema - Jan 24, 2012
- Jolie praises ex-husband Billy Bob - Apr 12, 2012
- Larry King Bids Farewell To Television - Dec 17, 2010