Cabinet Secretary to inaugurate ”Thinkshop on next Gen MCA21” todayAugust 29th, 2008 - 9:26 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Aug29 (ANI): Union Cabinet Secretary KM Chandrashekhar will inaugurate a half-day ”Thinkshop on next Gen MCA21” here today.
The Thinkshop is being organised by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs with a view to further evolve its flagship e-Governance project, theMCA21.
It was the first project launched under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) and has proved to be a major step forward and catalyst for promoting citizen centric service delivery mechanism and has created easily accessible interfaces, devoid of harassment and corruption, minimizing the waste of time and inconvenience of the public.
MCA21 is a comprehensive, end-to-end service oriented solution that has not only made the registration of a company and filing of statutory documents much easier and faster but has also improved the compliance of various provisions of the Companies Act.
As a result of MCA21, the procedures like approval of name, registration of a company, change of name of the company, issue of certified documents, annual filings, inspection of public documents which earlier used to take several days are being delivered on the same day.
Popularity of the project can be judged from the fact that the MCA portal receives 1.7 million hits a day. The project has ushered a new era in corporate governance interaction.
To take this initiative of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to next level, an e-Governance roadmap is being designed to facilitate the futuristic trends through adoption of new paradigms.
This roadmap is expected to bring about a wide-ranging set of values to the stakeholders by adopting a proactive approach.
In this context, it becomes extremely important to factor in the views and expectations of all the key stakeholders. Hence the need for a Thinkshop on next Gen MCA21.
S Ramadorai, MD, TCS will deliver the keynote address. Kiran Karnik, former President NASSCOM will chair the deliberation session.
This will be an inclusive brainstorming exercise where very eminent people from the corporate sector, professional bodies, regulators and the Government are expected to participate. (ANI)
- Cabinet Secretary to inaugurate ''Thinkshop on next Gen MCA21'' tomorrow - Aug 28, 2008
- Thinkshop on Indian Governments next E-governance project - Aug 29, 2008
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- Passport officers' meet to kick off Tuesday - Nov 27, 2011
- Healthcare insurance portal snag rectified: Wipro - Jul 19, 2011
- Corporate sector poised to become engine of economy growth: PM - Dec 14, 2010
- Apex committee on National E-Governance Plan to meet today - Jul 16, 2010
- For MCD officials, trifurcation costly, tiresome - Apr 20, 2012
- E-governance to wipe out touts in Tripura: Minister - Sep 15, 2011
- Cabinet approves modernisation plan for immigration services - May 13, 2010
- US, Europe on recovery path: Infosys Kris - Mar 08, 2012
- Cabinet nod for e-visa, immigration project (Lead) - May 13, 2010
- Cabinet's nod to e-visa, immigration project - May 13, 2010
- Kerala to launch e-governance project Friday - Dec 14, 2010
- Kerala e-governance project boosting local self government - Feb 22, 2011