Cabinet approves creation of senior posts for six AIIMS like institutionsJuly 17th, 2008 - 4:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 17 (ANI): The Union Cabinet today gave its approval for creating project cells to expedite work in respect of six AIIMS like institution under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) Scheme.
The PMSSY was approved in March 2006 with the objective of correcting the imbalances in availability of affordable tertiary level healthcare in the country in general and to augment facilities for quality medical education in the under-served States.
The PMSSY envisages for setting up six AIIMS like institutions one each in the States of Bihar (Patna), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal), Orissa (Bhubaneshwar), Rajasthan (Jodhpur), Chhattisgarh (Raipur) and Uttaranchal (Rishikesh) at an estimated cost of Rs.332 crores per institution.
Each institution will have 850 bedded hospital intended to provide healthcare facilities in 39 speciality or super-speciality disciplines.
Medical College will have 100 UG intakes besides facilities for imparting Post Graduate or doctoral courses in various disciplines.
The Scheme will be implemented by 2009-10. (ANI)
- Separate societies for six AIIMS-like institutions to be set up under PMSSY - Aug 26, 2010
- Six AIIMS-like institutions to be registered as societies - Aug 09, 2010
- Cabinet gives nod to set up six AIIMS-like institutions - Mar 19, 2010
- Cabinet clears societies to run six AIIMS-like institutions - Aug 09, 2010
- Lok Sabha passes bill for AIIMS-like institutes - Aug 30, 2012
- Government adopts multi-pronged approach to correct uneven progress in health indicators - Feb 25, 2010
- With Rs.1,100 crore, AIIMS bags highest budget share - Mar 16, 2012
- Rs.93 bn more for setting up six AIIMS-like institutions - Mar 19, 2010
- Government proposing a new National Urban Health Mission: PM - Jun 30, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal to get AIIMS-like institutes: Azad - Jul 10, 2009
- AIIMS gets Rs.1,000 crore in budget - Feb 28, 2011
- Better health services for poor envisaged (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Cabinet approves setting up two AIIMS-like institutions - Feb 05, 2009
- Cheaper drugs, better health services for poor (Second Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Work on AIIMS-like institution to begin in Chhattisgarh - Nov 04, 2009
Tags: aiims, bhopal, bhubaneshwar, bihar, chhattisgarh raipur, crores, doctoral courses, healthcare facilities, intakes, jodhpur, madhya pradesh, medical college, medical education, orissa, patna, post graduate, rajasthan, rishikesh, tertiary level, union cabinet