“By nature, I am a shy person” - Mahie GillMay 4th, 2009 - 10:09 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
If one has a quick glance over promising actors who have just made an entry in Bollywood during last four months, one of the first names that comes to the mind is Mahie Gill. With her performance being noticed in both DEV D and GULAAL, Mahie is certainly making her presence felt loud and clear.
She is more than willing to open up when it comes to her work though. “I have two films that should be released soon - AAGE SE RIGHT and PAAN SINGH TOMAR. In AAGE SE RIGHT, which is a comic thriller, I play a reporter”, informs Mahie who was also seen in a five years olf film called PAL PAL DIL KE SAATT opposite Ajay Jadeja. However, she chooses to avoid talking about that film.
Paired opposite Shreyas Talpade, Mahie would be seen in a semi-glam avtar in the film. Directed by first time director Indrajit Nattoji, AAGE SE RIGHT is set in Mumbai and spans over five days of panic, chaos and mayhem when a small time sub inspector loses his gun. This triggers off a series of incidents that gets progressively complicated yet comic and as the gun travels, it passes through the most unlikely set of characters and links them together.
Another film featuring Mahie is PAAN SINGH TOMAR which is the true epic journey of a talented runner (Irrfan Khan) who turned into a rebel.
“This film would have me in a non-glam role though”, confesses Mahie, “Tigmanshu Dhulia, the film’s director, has done an excellent job with his characters in the film”. The film is about an athlete who gave up his running shoes, went on to become a ‘baaghi’ and wreaked havoc in the Chambal Valley.
Even though Mahie has just started off her career in Bollywood, has seen the release of two of her films and has two more projects in the pipeline, why don’t we hear more of her? Why doesn’t she market herself more aggressively?
Says Mahie with a smile, “That’s because by nature I am a very shy person. I can’t open up quickly amongst people. It takes time for me. Good things are happening for me and I want my work to be talking for itself.”
- Mahie decides to go glam after 'Dev D', 'Gulaal' - Mar 27, 2009
- 'Paan Singh Tomar' a rare cinematic treat (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 03, 2012
- Former athletes wanted money to talk about Paan Singh: Irrfan Khan - Feb 18, 2012
- Irrfan Khan leaves Mahie Gill impressed - Apr 03, 2009
- Gun becomes a censor trouble for Aage Se Right - Jul 29, 2009
- Bollywood sensation Mahie Gill bereaved - Apr 08, 2009
- Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill - Feb 25, 2012
- I want to explore myself as an actor: Mahie Gill - Sep 26, 2011
- 'Bold' Mahie not worried about being typecast - Feb 25, 2012
- I feel awkward doing intimate scenes: Mahie Gill - Aug 02, 2011
- 'Aagey Se Right' has too many twists and turns (IANS Film Review; Rating: **) - Sep 05, 2009
- People from outside Mumbai are very rooted: Tigmanshu Dhulia (Interview) - Aug 16, 2012
- Independent films can help tackle issues: Dhulia - Aug 22, 2012
- Interesting Facts and Figures Mahi Gill - May 16, 2009
- Rani hasn't said yes for Begum Samru role: Dhulia - Apr 14, 2012
Tags: ajay jadeja, avtar, bollywood, comic thriller, epic journey, first names, first time director, four months, havoc, irrfan khan, joginder, mayhem, paan, running shoes, Shreyas Talpade, shy person, small time, spans, tigmanshu dhulia, two films