Burton was too shy to ask Depp to be his sons godfatherDecember 21st, 2007 - 5:55 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Dec 21 (ANI): Johnny Depp was stunned when director pal Tim Burton indirectly asked him to be the godfather to his son.
Burton told his wife Helena Bonham Carter to put across the idea to the Pirates of the Caribbean star.
At that time, Depp was working with Burton on the set of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, when he received a message to call Bonham Carter urgently.
Depp immediately agreed to be four-year-old Billy’s godfather, but was confused because Burton did not ask him personally.
“This is Tim Burton in a nutshell - we were doing Charlie And The Chocolate Factory and I was on the set… One of my pals comes up and says, ‘Helena just called. When you get a moment, she’d like you to give her a call back,’ Contactmusic quoted Depp, as saying.
“So I go back to the trailer, call Helena, and say, ‘Hey, what’s going on?… Is everything all right?’ And she says, ‘Everything’s fine. But, well, you know how Tim is. He wants to know if you’d be… he’d like for you to be Billy’s godfather.’
“I say, ‘But I was just with Tim. I was with him three minutes ago. I had to leave him to walk back to the trailer to call you.’
“So she called me to ask because Tim just couldn’t. That was his way of asking. I went back to the set and said, `Thank you.’ I told him that I was honoured.
“It doesn’t get heavier than saying, `I’d like you to be the godfather of my son.’ But he’s not ever going to put himself into a corny kind of situation with a pal. He’s like, `Good, yeah, yeah.’ Boom. `Let’s get back into the work,’” he added. (ANI)
- Parenting classes help Helena Carter lose stress - Jan 29, 2011
- Bonham Carter lazy to wed - May 05, 2012
- Movie Review: Alice In Wonderland(2010) - Mar 13, 2010
- Burton not ready to undergo nose op despite snoring complaints! - Dec 29, 2010
- How parenting classes have helped Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton - Jan 29, 2011
- Why Helena Bonham Carter and her partner Tim Burton live separately - Dec 28, 2010
- Helena Bonham Carter: "At home, I'm the boss" - Mar 07, 2010
- Helena Bonham Carter collects false teeth - Dec 24, 2010
- Helena Bonham-Carter to receive top British honour - Jan 03, 2012
- Helena Carter wants to work with other directors too - Jan 29, 2011
- Helena Bonham Carter insists Tim Burton should be knighted - Jan 04, 2011
- I would love to have a baby every day: Helena Bonham Carter - Feb 01, 2011
- Bonham Carter loves gossip about her life - Dec 25, 2010
- Colin Flirth will win an Oscar, says Helena Bonham Carter - Dec 16, 2010
- Shekar Kapur invites Tim Burton to make film in India - May 16, 2010
Tags: caribbean star, charlie and the chocolate, charlie and the chocolate factory, helena bonham carter, johnny depp, nutshell, pal tim, pals, pirates of the caribbean, three minutes, tim burton, wife helena