Burton was desperate to win back Taylor for a third timeNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:03 am ICT by admin
After a divorce in 1974, they reunited in 1975 and wed once more, but the second union lasted for just a year.
BBC reporter John Simpson, who met Burton on the set of ‘Exorcist II: The Heretic’, shortly after his 1976 divorce, said that the late actor tried to give up his drinking habit in order to win back the ravishing actress.
“If (Taylor)’d have me back, I’d leave this s**tty film and this ghastly heat right now and charter a plane to go wherever she was,” Contactmusic quoted Burton, as telling Simpson.
“But it’s the old thing: can’t live with her, can’t live without her. But I adore Elizabeth, and I always will,” Burton told Simpson. (ANI)
- Elizabeth Taylor pays tribute to ex-husband Richard Burton - May 01, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor Makes Love Letters From Richard Burton Public - Jun 02, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan to play Dame Elizabeth Taylor? - Jan 11, 2012
- Richard Burton told Elizabeth Taylor: I'll kill myself if you leave me - Jun 02, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor presents a bust of Richard Burton to Prince Charles - May 03, 2010
- Elizabeth Taylor Releases Richard Burton's Love Letters - Jun 02, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's Wardrobe malfunction in 'Dick and Liz' - Jun 06, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan in trouble over her unpaid tanning salon bill - May 29, 2012
- Catherine Zeta-Jones to play Liz Taylor in biopic? - May 01, 2011
- Battle over Liz Taylor memoirs begins just days after her death - Mar 25, 2011
- Jolie and Zeta Jones to battle out for Elizabeth Taylor role - Jul 19, 2010
- When Liz Taylor didn't return Donatella's ring - Jun 04, 2012
- Unseen pics of Richard Burton, Elizabeth Taylor to feature in new book - Jul 25, 2010
- Stars pay tribute as 'beautiful' Dame Elizabeth Taylor dies - Mar 24, 2011
- Dame Elizabeth Taylor denies engagement rumors with Jason Winters - Apr 13, 2010