Burglary at singer Luis Enrique’s US homeAugust 5th, 2011 - 11:54 am ICT by IANS
Miami, Aug 5 (IANS/EFE) Burglary has taken place at well-known salsa performer and Nicaraguan singer Luis Enrique’s home in Miami, US.
“A very strange feeling comes over you. You know that a stranger has entered the most sacred thing you have, which is your home. However, I have to say that I’m very lucky because I could have been here, alone or with my son, and that would have been a terrible situation,” the singer said Thursday in a communique.
In the statement, Luis Enrique added: “I thank God that nothing worse happened. The items don’t matter, they’ll be replaced somehow. Your life is the real thing of value.”
The artist, who is scheduled to travel to Nicaragua soon, also acknowledged that “there are people who go through situations much worse than this, and so I have to be very thankful”.
The singer, who last week was in Puerto Rico promoting his new album, “Soy y Sere”, was not at home at the time of the burglary, but he realised that he had been the victim of a crime when he entered the house and noticed that his furniture had been disturbed and one of his windows was broken.
- Cheo Feliciano to join Dominican singer for his new album - Jul 07, 2011
- Rosa performs with Blades, Guerra - Apr 02, 2012
- `Future of salsa is in Central and South America' - Jul 06, 2011
- Nazario to release new album - Feb 22, 2012
- Ricky Martin wraps up world tour - Nov 14, 2011
- Wisin, Yandel hope for P.Diddy collaboration on new disc - Aug 17, 2011
- Puerto Rican bomba a hit across US - Mar 21, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Ricky Martin defends gay rights - Oct 16, 2011
- Don Omar tops Latin songs chart with `Taboo' - Aug 05, 2011
- Ruben Blades, Cheo Feliciano release salsa CD - May 31, 2012
- Ex-Miss Universe resumes acting career after having baby - Aug 04, 2012
- Crime statistics won't be fudged: Puerto Rico top cop - May 17, 2012
- Puerto Rican singer, Spanish model have their first child - Dec 22, 2011
- Venezuelan rockers are back with new album - Aug 30, 2011