Bundchen’s lingerie ad under scannerOctober 1st, 2011 - 2:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, Oct 1 (IANS) A lingerie brand commercial featuring supermodel Gisele Bundchen is under Brazilian government officials’ scanner.
The officials have demanded that the commercial must be taken off air over allegations that it’s offensive and sexist, reports dailystar.co.uk.
In the advert for lingerie firm Hope, Bundchen is shown wearing a sophisticated outfit before she appears in just her underwear. The model then explains in her native tongue to an unseen husband that she has crashed her car and exceeded her credit card limit.
Officials from the Women’s Rights Secretariat are pleading with heads at the National Advertising Council to suspend the commercial, insisting it portrays women as sex objects.
But a Hope representative says: “(A) Brazilian woman’s sensuality is her best protection when delivering bad news.”
- Gisele Bundchen launches lingerie line - May 14, 2011
- Hilton ad sparks outrage in Brazil - Feb 28, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen says she will never retire - Nov 08, 2010
- Bundchen has elevated Esprit: Official - Sep 03, 2011
- Bundchen to find model from remote areas - Jun 10, 2012
- Gisele plays animated superhero in eco-friendly web show for kids - Dec 09, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen wants a girl? - Sep 13, 2012
- Gisele Bundchen named greenest celebrity - Dec 01, 2011
- Jessica Alba jealous of Bundchen's post-baby body - Jul 14, 2011
- Bundchen is world's best paid supermodel - Jan 12, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen reads stories to kids for charity - Dec 08, 2010
- Gisele Bundchen shows off her baby bump on the beach - Jul 26, 2012
- Moss tempted Hince away from veganism - Aug 05, 2012
- Willow Smith, a fashion icon - Jul 08, 2011
- Bundchen, Brady world's wealthiest celeb couple - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: advert, advertising council, allegations, brazilian government, brazilian woman, credit card limit, delivering bad news, gisele bundchen, government officials, lingerie brand, london, national advertising, native tongue, scanner, secretariat, sensuality, sex objects, supermodel gisele bundchen, underwear, unseen husband