Bullock to be honoured for charityMay 10th, 2012 - 10:01 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 10 (IANS) Actress Sandra Bullock is being honoured for her charity work.
The actress has been selected to be admitted into 2012 Warren Easton Hall of Fame for her charitable donations to Warren Eason Charter High School, destroyed by hurricane Katrina in 2005, reports showbizspy.com
Bullock has been involved in charitable projects with the educational establishment since the natural disaster occurred. This year she is donating $25,000 for scholarships.
The 20th Annual Hall of Fame Ceremony will take place May 18 in Easton’s auditorium.
Bullock is known for her philanthropy. In 2011, she donated $1 million on behalf of her family to the American Red Cross’ Japan relief effort after the country was hit by an earthquake.
- Bullock, Jolie most charitable mums in Hollywood - Mar 11, 2012
- Bullock donates $1 million to Japan relief fund - Mar 18, 2011
- Usher to be honoured for philanthropy - Oct 13, 2011
- Sandra Bullock donates $1m to Red Cross to help Japan disaster victims - Mar 18, 2011
- Theron auctions off date for charity - Dec 08, 2010
- New York varsity honours India's `Hugging Saint'Mata Amritanandmayi - May 26, 2010
- Jessica Alba's daughter loves wigs - Jan 22, 2012
- Happy Birthday Sandra Bullock - Jul 26, 2012
- Sienna Miller has baby shower - May 30, 2012
- Halle Berry checks Paris schools for daughter - Mar 23, 2012
- Clooney's mom wants him to marry wrestler - Aug 01, 2012
- Jessica Alba wears scarves to cover sick - Apr 01, 2012
- No stripping for men's magazine, says Rihanna - Apr 11, 2012
- Pattinson moves out of Stewart's house? - Jul 27, 2012
- China saw 80 bn yuan in public donations in 2011 - May 07, 2012
Tags: 1 million, actress sandra bullock, american red cross, charitable donations, charitable projects, charity work, charter high school, earthquake, eason, easton, educational establishment, hall of fame, hall of fame ceremony, hurricane katrina, japan relief, natural disaster, philanthropy, relief effort, sandra bullock, scholarships