Bullock donates $1 million to Japan relief fundMarch 18th, 2011 - 2:15 pm ICT by IANS
New York, March 18 (IANS) Actress Sandra Bullock has donated $1 million to the American Red Cross to help earthquake and tsunami victims in Japan.
The Oscar winner’s donation has been the largest celebrity donation to the Red Cross since the disaster, reports people.com.
This is not the first time Bullock has donated to disaster relief efforts. Last January, the actress gave $1 million to Haiti following the tragic earthquake there. She also is a strong supporter of the rebuilding efforts in New Orleans.
- Sandra Bullock donates $1m to Red Cross to help Japan disaster victims - Mar 18, 2011
- Bullock to be honoured for charity - May 10, 2012
- Sean Penn's charity receives cash boost from Bill Clinton - Oct 09, 2010
- Lady Gaga to play for Japan benefit - Apr 15, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas dedicate new video to Japan tsunami victims - Mar 16, 2011
- World extends helping hand to quake-ravaged Japan - Mar 13, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas dedicate new video to Japan victims - Mar 16, 2011
- Dalai Lama gives Swiss Francs 100,000 to Haiti victims - Feb 04, 2010
- American Airlines and American Eagle employees raise $200,000 for Red Cross aid to Haiti - Jul 29, 2010
- Iron Maiden fans raise aid for Japan - Sep 17, 2011
- Stefani donates $1 mn to Japan relief - Mar 24, 2011
- Sandra Bullock gives $1 mn to Haiti relief - Jan 20, 2010
- Bullock needs alcohol before stripping off - Jan 21, 2010
- Bullock buys $22.9 million house - May 28, 2011
- Haiti's capital devastated by powerful earthquake - Jan 13, 2010
Tags: 1 million, actress sandra bullock, american red cross, celebrity, disaster relief efforts, disaster reports, haiti, japan relief, new orleans, oscar winner, sandra bullock, tragic earthquake, tsunami, tsunami victims