BSNL to switch over to new Call-Detail-Record billing systemAugust 27th, 2008 - 4:00 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Aug 27 (ANI): The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) will switch over to the Call-Detail-Record (CDR) billing system for its 3.5 crore landline subscribers in the next couple of months. “Our landline billing system as of now works on the conventional technology, and we are unable to give a customised offer to subscribers. But very soon all that will be a thing of the past,” BSNL Deputy Director General, (Enterprise Business), Sunil Kumar said.
The project to connect all BSNL exchanges across 20 cities will be implemented in phases and is scheduled to be completed in the next 6-8 months.
CDR will enable generation of a single bill for an entire corporate house. Similarly, payments can also be made from anywhere in the country. The service provider will be able to offer different tariff plans to landline customers on the lines of mobile tariff plans.
The introduction of the CDR billing system is part of the BSNLs plans to become an information and communication technology (ICT) services provider. (ANI)
- BSNL offers free installation to new broadband customers - Mar 29, 2010
- BSNL launches voice, video telephony services over internet - Jul 18, 2011
- Sachin Pilot launches unique plan for BSNL customers - Nov 04, 2010
- BSNL to expand 3G services to 120 more cities by December - Nov 04, 2010
- BSNL 3G services to be in 760 cities by December (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Nov 04, 2010
- Telecom links in all Indian villages by 2014: BSNL - Mar 25, 2012
- BSNL launces six internet data centres for cloud services - Apr 16, 2012
- BSNL launches Bharat Berry push e-mail service - Nov 14, 2011
- Telecom links snapped in high-security Srinagar neighbourhood - Mar 30, 2012
- BSNL's disconnection threat illegal and coercive: Private operators - Sep 13, 2011
- CMS Info Systems bags Rs.300 crore BSNL project - Feb 15, 2011
- BSNL's value-added services launched in Punjab - Apr 10, 2011
- BSNL to lease infrastructure, data services to improve business - Dec 03, 2011
- BSNL to provide 3G telecom services at affordable prices - May 16, 2010
- State-run telecom operators turn red - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: bharat sanchar nigam, bharat sanchar nigam ltd, billing system, call detail record, conventional technology, deputy director general, enterprise business, general enterprise, information and communication technology, sunil kumar