Bryan Adams to headline peace concertNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:54 am ICT by admin
‘The Summer of 69′ star will begin the historic day in a soccer stadium in the ancient West Bank town of Jericho in the Palestinian Authority, then cap the day with a set at Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv, Israel.
The other festivals, which will also include Israeli and Palestinian artists on the bill, will be telecast via satellite to audience in Washington, D.C., Boston, London, Ottawa and other cities in the U.S. and Europe that will be holding their own “echo events.”
“Israelis and Palestinians from Tel Aviv to Ramallah, from Jericho to Haifa, will stand together in Jerusalem to unite against violent extremism,” OneVoice founder Daniel Lubetzky said.
“Hundreds of thousands of citizens will share their vision for peace…Our work has never been so urgent or so necessary,” he added.
Celebrities, who are extending support to the peace campaign include Danny DeVito and wife Rhea Perlman, Brad Pitt , Jennifer Aniston, Natalie Portman, Edward Norton and Seinfeld alum Jason Alexander.
Reportedly, all of them will contribute video messages, which will be shown during the concerts.
The non-profit organisation One Voice is staging the gig to help collect 600,000 Israeli and Palestinian signatures demanding the two countries’ leaders sit down and finalise an agreement on a Palestinian state living at peace in Israel.
Although entrance to the concert is free, fans have to sign One Voice’s petition to get in. (ANI)
- Abandon new settlement plans, Russia urges Israel - Oct 17, 2011
- 'Peace accord with Palestinians more urgent for Israel than Iran attack' - Sep 11, 2012
- Macca urges Obama to re-establish peace in Middle East - May 16, 2009
- Krishna leaves for Israel, Palestine Sunday - Jan 06, 2012
- Israel fears more rocket attacks - Mar 27, 2012
- More Israelis, Palestinians willing to compromise: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Netanyahu leaves for US for peace talks relaunch - Aug 31, 2010
- Krishna to boost ties with Middle East, Israel - Jan 07, 2012
- Israel may resolve Middle East crisis unilaterally: Minister - May 31, 2012
- Israeli defence minister to meet Palestine PM - Jul 05, 2010
- Israeli army demolishes West Bank mosque - Oct 11, 2011
- Madonna may face lawsuit in France over Nazi symbol - Jun 05, 2012
- No alternative to peace talks: Abbas (Lead, Changing dateline) - Sep 16, 2010
- Russia urges Israel to stop settlement expansion - Jun 09, 2012
- Israel declines to accept Palestine's Unesco membership - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: brad pitt jennifer aniston, danny devito, edward norton, israel, israeli palestinian conflict, israelis and palestinians, jason alexander, natalie portman, one voice, onevoice, palestinian artists, peace campaign, peace concert, rhea perlman, soccer stadium, stand together, summer of 69, tel aviv, town of jericho, violent extremism