‘Bruno’ fan Nigella Lawson has named her son after himJune 19th, 2009 - 4:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 19 (ANI): Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson has claimed that she is such a big fan of ‘Bruno’-comedian Sacha Baron Cohen’s latest alter ego-that she has even named her son after him.
Bruno is a fictional gay Austrian fashion reporter portrayed by Baron Cohen, who interviews unsuspecting guests about topics like fashion, entertainment, celebrities and homosexuality
The 49-year-old British cook has two children Cosima, 14, and Bruno, 12, from her first marriage to the late journalist John Diamond.
The Domestic Goddess has now revealed that Baron Cohen, 37, has been her long-standing family friend.
And, as a youngster, he often gave first-hand demonstrations of his favourite comic creations, which inspired her to name her second-born after Bruno.
“I’ve known Sacha since he did Bruno when he was a young man and my son is named Bruno after him - partly after Bruno!” the Daily Express quoted her as telling at the film’s premiere in London’s Leicester Square. (ANI)
- La Toya back in Bruno DVD version - Nov 05, 2009
- Nigella Lawson's neighbors allege that they can see her naked in her bathroom - Aug 24, 2011
- Sacha Baron Cohen brands Madonna 'a total slut' - Jun 19, 2009
- Sacha Baron Cohen not welcome to attend Oscars dressed as 'The Dictator' - Feb 23, 2012
- Baron Cohen to play Eurovision singer in new movie - Aug 03, 2009
- Eminem participated in Cohen's naked stunt after Paris' refusal - Jun 02, 2009
- Bruno brands Madge a 'transsexual childcatcher' - Jul 01, 2009
- Bruno scoops Best Film nomination at British Comedy Awards - Nov 19, 2009
- Sacha Baron Cohen wedding with Isla Fisher was a private affair with just 6 guests - Mar 23, 2010
- Isla Fisher's baby's name is Elula Lottie Miriam Cohen - Mar 11, 2011
- Leonardo Dicaprio Along With Girlfriend Invites Celebrity Friends To Enjoy Holiday Games - Jan 24, 2011
- Six Guest Private Affair: Sacha Baron Cohen/Isla Fisher Wedding - Mar 23, 2010
- 'Slapdash' TV cook Nigella Lawson 'hated food as a child and can't iron' - Oct 17, 2010
- Sacha Baron Cohen's Middle East odyssey in 'Bruno' criticised by locals - Jul 18, 2009
- Anna Faris' red carpet mishap - May 12, 2012
Tags: alter ego, bruno, celebrity chef, comedian sacha baron cohen, comic creations, cosima, daily express, demonstrations, domestic goddess, entertainment celebrities, family friend, fashion entertainment, fashion reporter, john diamond, leicester square, nigella lawson, sacha baron cohen, unsuspecting guests, young man, youngster