Bruce Willis files counter-suit against ”Joan” producers breach-of-contractcaseMarch 6th, 2009 - 12:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, March 6 (ANI): Hollywood actor Bruce Willis filed a counter-suit against a breach-of-contract case filed by the producers of Three Stories About Joan, alleging that they falsely claimed that they had full financing to produce the film.
The producers moved the court seeking four million dollars in compensation from Willis and his production house, claiming that the star had breached a contract regarding toplining and directing the film.
Filing their suit paper, the producers alleged that Willis quit the film without giving them any notice.
However, Willis approached Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday to file a counter-suit, seeking 8.7 million dollars in compensatory damages against Moshe Diamant, Mark Damon, Foresight Unlimited, Signature Entertainment Group, Three Stories Prods. and 20 other parties.
In his cross-complaint, the actor has alleged that he had been assured by Diamant that the producers would provide a commitment letter, confirming that they had obtained 20 million dollars in financing, 30 days before the start of the movie shoot.
Willis further states that the producers also promised to deposit his acting fee in escrow at least seven days before filming was to begin, reports Variety magazine.
According to him on the eve of the star of production, Diamant admitted that the financing was not in place.
He claims that along with him, producers Stephen Eads and David Willis and many members of the cast and crew had spent more than five weeks working on pre-production at that point. (ANI)
- Bruce Willis to wed girlfriend? - Mar 19, 2009
- Paris Hilton to fight contract breach charge - Aug 14, 2010
- 'Black Swan' involved in lawsuit - Dec 28, 2010
- ''Three Stories About Joan'' lawsuit frivolous, says Bruce Willis rep - Mar 03, 2009
- Paris Hilton countersues hair extension firm - Nov 25, 2010
- Paris Hilton brushes off $35m hair lawsuit - Mar 09, 2011
- Britney being sued for $10M by former business partners - Mar 31, 2011
- Director Bruce Willis sued for walking off $20m movie set - Feb 28, 2009
- Indian diplomat's daughter sues New York City - May 08, 2012
- Georgia Mom Sues Tyra Banks For Daughter's Appearance as Addict - Oct 19, 2010
- Charlie Sheen files $100m lawsuit against Warner Bros - Mar 11, 2011
- Bruce Willis sued for allegedly walking off the set - Feb 28, 2009
- Galliano facing defamation lawsuit - May 07, 2011
- Former Campbell agent claims having evidence against Naomi - Nov 22, 2010
- Jwoww's lawyer requests her ex-boyfriend to return pics - Dec 08, 2010
Tags: 20 million dollars, actor bruce willis, angeles superior court, breach of contract, breach of contract case, bruce willis, cast and crew, commitment letter, compensatory damages, david willis, diamant, eads, entertainment group, escrow, foresight, hollywood actor, los angeles superior court, mark damon, moshe, variety magazine