Bruce Springsteen delighted over Golden Globe winJanuary 13th, 2009 - 2:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 13 (ANI): Bruce Springsteen was so overwhelmed after receiving a Golden Globe award that he could barely contain his delight after the win.
The The River hitmaker won the honorary award for his original soundtrack for the acclaimed flick The Wrestler featuring Mickey Rourke in the lead.
Springsteen pipped Peter Gabriel with Down To Earth from Wall-E, Jamie Cullum’’s title track from Clint Eastwood’’s Gran Torino, Miley Cyrus with I Thought I Lost You from Bolt, and Beyonce with Cadillac Records” Once In A Lifetime to land the honour.
The rocker was more delighted for being short-listed in the same category as Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood’’s acclaimed movie.
“This is the only time I”m going to be in competition with Clint Eastwood, The Daily Star quoted Springsteen, as saying.
Springsteen also thanked the film’’s star Rourke and director Darren Aronofsky for inviting him to be part of the movie.
“Thanks for thinking of me, Springsteen said.
While Springsteen won for the best original soundtrack of The Wrestler, Mickey Rourke won the award for Best Actor. (ANI)
- Clint Eastwood to act again? - Oct 07, 2011
- Clint Eastwood opens up about his love for jazz - Aug 18, 2010
- Clint Eastwood to direct a film on the first FBI director - Mar 12, 2010
- Hugh Jackman ordered to have 6,000 calorie diet for new movie - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Slumdog Millionaire', 'Jai Ho' bag Grammy nominations - Dec 02, 2010
- Not aiming at acting return: Clint Eastwood - Oct 14, 2010
- 'Jai Ho!', 'Slumdog' top 'HollyWORDs' of 2008 (Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
- James Bond only role to get Eastwood out of retirement - Feb 01, 2011
- The Dark Knight named one of 2008s Top 10 movies - Dec 16, 2008
- Stallone plans to be full time director - Jun 25, 2010
- Slumdog Millionaire jumps from No. 3 to No. 1 at UK box office post Oscars - Mar 04, 2009
- A. R Rahman bags two Grammy awards - Feb 01, 2010
- Fox News'' list of ''Oscar nominations'' - Dec 28, 2008
- Clint Eastwood not ready to hang his boots yet - Feb 01, 2010
- Rachel Weisz to play Jackie Kennedy - Apr 16, 2010
Tags: best actor, beyonce, bruce springsteen, clint eastwood, daily star, darren aronofsky, director darren aronofsky, flick, golden globe award, gran torino, hitmaker, hollywood legend, honorary award, honour, jamie cullum, london jan, mickey rourke, miley cyrus, original soundtrack, peter gabriel