Brown many have to pay Rihanna 7 mn poundsMarch 9th, 2009 - 11:44 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 9 (IANS) Singer Rihanna’S lover Chris Brown will pay her more than seven million pounds if he is found guilty of the assault charge against him for making criminal threats to her after a fight.
Brown, 19, is also said to have agreed to the deal as part of what his management team called “Project Mea Culpa” in an attempt to save his career, reports thesun.co.uk.
A source said his management team are “trying to turn a bad situation into something good”.
Brown allegedly attacked Rihanna, 21, at a pre-Grammy party in Los Angeles last month. If convicted, Brown faces four years in jail.
Despite the severity of the alleged attack, the couple have had a reconciliation much against the wishes of Rihanna’s family and friends.
The source further said: “Obviously this is a public relations campaign, but it only will work if there’s genuine healing, contrition and a path to preventing future problems.”
“It’s another example of trying to turn a bad situation into something good where people can learn to change habits,” the source added.
- Brown will pay Rihanna PS7m even if he squeezes her arm the wrong way - Mar 09, 2009
- Rihanna records song with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown - Feb 19, 2012
- Rihanna's secret meeting with Brown - Aug 18, 2012
- Jay-Z approves Brown, Rihanna patch up - Aug 05, 2012
- Brown joins Rihanna on vacation - Jul 24, 2012
- Rihanna to appear in court - May 29, 2009
- Rihanna warned over drugs, Chris Brown - Mar 12, 2012
- Fazer working on Rihanna's next album - Jul 16, 2012
- Rihanna shelved plans to croon with Elly Jackson after Brown's attack - Apr 23, 2010
- Rihanna to rekindle romance with Drake - Jul 15, 2012
- Rihanna says Chris Brown was 'controlling and insecure' - Jan 15, 2010
- Brown sends champagne to Rihanna - Jun 12, 2012
- Drake dating Ora? - Apr 29, 2012
- Rihanna spends 15,000 pounds on hair rescue mission - Mar 02, 2012
- Gomez doesn't like Bieber's 'bad' company - Aug 06, 2011
Tags: alleged attack, assault charge, bad situation, career reports, chris brown, contrition, criminal threats, family and friends, grammy party, london march, management team, mea culpa, public relations campaign, reconciliation, rihanna, severity