Brooke Shields talks of her skin cancer scareMay 23rd, 2009 - 4:40 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 23 (ANI): American actress Brooke Shields has revealed that she was left terrified after a spot on her face turned out to be pre-cancerous.
The 43-year-old star, who used to love spending time in the sun, said that the incident served as a wake-up call to her as she “used to think it was the best thing in the world to be baking in the sun.”
“I had a spot on my face. The doctor scraped it, and it turned out to be precancerous,” People magazine quoted her as saying.
“I was scared,” she revealed.
The actress had the spot removed and said that she was doing “fine”.
She, however, could not help recall the time when as a teen, she would indulge in hot-weather rituals like “baby oil and tinfoil and lemon in your hair”.
“All my girlfriends and I would go up on the roof in New York; we didn’t have to be at the beach,” said Shields, who stopped actively tanning a decade ago.
“You think that because you’re not in the sun anymore, it’s all in the past. And then something like that crops up and you’re made aware of how dangerous it really can be,” she added. (ANI)
- Brook enjoys non-serious image - Sep 06, 2012
- Brook insisted on underwear scene in film - Aug 24, 2012
- Brooke Shields wants more kids - Dec 04, 2011
- Kelly Brook shoots for Reebok - Feb 20, 2012
- Victoria doesn't use fake tan anymore - Nov 20, 2010
- Brooke Shields flirts with hunky TV host - Jan 30, 2011
- Kelly Brook hates 'unhappy relationship' - Jan 09, 2012
- Stone bakes cake to cope with anxiety - Jun 30, 2012
- Simpson learns from fashion mistakes - Nov 19, 2011
- Kelly Brook thinks her boobs are a 'big disappointment' - Jan 15, 2011
- Eva Longoria says she is worst dater - Apr 20, 2012
- Singer Tulisa Contostavlos sports a tan - Feb 17, 2012
- Dunst likes to Google herself! - Nov 19, 2011
- Witherspoon reads about herself online - Dec 12, 2010
- Julia Roberts' love for baking soda - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: american actress, baby oil, best thing in the world, brooke shields, cancer scare, crops, decade, girlfriends, hot weather, old star, people magazine, rituals, skin cancer, spending time, time in the sun, tinfoil, wake up call