Brolin ripped his pants while shooting scene with Crowe!January 28th, 2009 - 1:50 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 28 (ANI): Hollywood actor Josh Brolin was left embarrassed when his pants ripped open while shooting his first scene with co-star Russell Crowe on the set of American Gangster.
Brolin admits he was nervy about acting opposite Oscar winner Crowe in the 2007 film, and the untimely wardrobe malfunction made things worse.
“I was a little plumper than I wanted to be. I justified it that the character’’s tough and he needs to be plumper. I came to the set they put the wardrobe on me and it was tight, Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
“I just get through my nerves with Russell, and improvise a little bit. I grab a chair and when I sat down the ass of my pants ripped right open.
Usually, that’’s a great ice breaker but I did the worst acting I”ve ever done in my life. I was shaking, I was nervous,” he added.
The 40 year old actor revealed that he feared the accident would cost him his job but was amazed when director Ridley Scott appreciated his performance.
“I got back to my trailer, took off my pants, gave them to wardrobe and went to my trailer waiting to get fired.
“I finally got a knock on the door and Ridley says ”Josh, I don”t know what you”re doing, but you”re bringing an incredible vulnerability to this role.”
“It was remarkable… I don”t wear pants anymore,” he added. (ANI)
- Russell on weight loss spree - Jul 12, 2011
- Russell Crowe to direct biopic on Bill Hicks - Jul 24, 2012
- I didn't cheat on my wife, says Josh Brolin - Sep 16, 2010
- Sam Worthington was advised by Russell Crowe on how to handle fame - Jan 09, 2011
- Crowe helps Worthington handle fame - Jan 09, 2011
- Cate Blanchett says Russell Crowe is 'not always easy' - May 21, 2010
- Russell Crowe confirmed for 'Noah' - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Barfi' not a silent film, says Anurag Basu - Jul 04, 2012
- Ridley Scott wants 'Robin Hood' sequel - May 02, 2010
- Crowe shocked co-stars by throwing log at Prince! - May 12, 2010
- When Russell Crowe threw a log at Prince Andrew - May 11, 2010
- Manish Naggdev feels positive roles challenging, but limiting - Jul 15, 2012
- Russell Crowe nearly pulled out of Robin Hood - Apr 08, 2010
- Crowe struggles to reach sets of 'Noah' - Aug 10, 2012
- Minaj suffers on stage wardrobe malfunction - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: american gangster, co star, director ridley scott, hollywood, hollywood actor, jan 28, job, josh brolin, little bit, nerves, oscar winner, plumper, ridley scott, russell crowe, star russell crowe, vulnerability, wardrobe malfunction