Brittany Murphy laid to restDecember 25th, 2009 - 3:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 25 (ANI): Hollywood actress Brittany Murphy was finally laid to rest in a small, private gathering of close friends and family on Thursday.
At the service, which was held at the Church of the Hills at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park, the late actress’ near and dear ones recalled her acts of generosity and the joy she brought into their lives.
The 32-year-old actress passed away after collapsing at home last Sunday and was pronounced dead hours later at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Approximately 25 mourners attended the private service and burial. The service was co-denominational, with a rabbi and a pastor present.
Brittany’s close friends and family celebrated a life that, as one person said, “brought sunshine” into their lives and “made them fly”.
The service started with the Chet Atkins song ‘My Funny Valentine’ and ended with Brittany’s own rendition of ‘Charlie Chaplin’s Smile’.
Her husband Simon Monjack remembered how Brittany’s favourite phrase was “thank you”.
“She was always grateful for everything. She’d always want you to celebrate her life,” Radaronline quoted him as saying.
After the service the burial took place in the Bright Eternity section of the memorial park.
It began at 5:30 pm and the pallbearers included Brittany’s close friend Eric Balfour and his brother Simon.
The family announced that a bigger memorial would be held next year.
An official cause of death is still pending the result of toxicology and other tests. (ANI)
- Brittany Murphy laid to rest at Forest Lawn - Dec 25, 2009
- Monjack buried next to wife Brittany Murphy - May 28, 2010
- Brittany Murphy's Funeral Service, A Private Affair - Dec 27, 2009
- Simon Monjack buried next to late wife Brittany Murphy - May 28, 2010
- Brittany Murphy Experienced Flu Symptoms, Family Reveals - Dec 26, 2009
- Who is Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack? - Dec 23, 2009
- Brittany Murphy dies of cardiac arrest - Dec 21, 2009
- Brittany Murphy's autopsy to be carried out, despite husband's wishes - Dec 21, 2009
- Brittany Murphy's funeral attended by close friends - Dec 25, 2009
- Husband Of Brittany Murphy Simon Monjack Dead - May 24, 2010
- The 911 call made by Brittany Murphy's mom released - Jan 11, 2010
- Brittany Murphy's funeral set for Christmas Eve - Dec 24, 2009
- Late Brittany Murphy's Husband, Simon Monjack, Dies Aged 39 - May 24, 2010
- Brittany Murphy's Mother Inherits Her Property? - Dec 24, 2009
- Brittany Murphy's last movie 'Abandoned' video is in demand - Dec 25, 2009
Tags: brittany murphy, brother simon, cedars sinai medical, cedars sinai medical center, charlie chaplin, chet atkins, close friends, dec 25, eric balfour, forest lawn memorial park, friend eric, hollywood actress, last sunday, memorial park, mourners, pallbearers, private service, simon monjack, sinai medical center, song my funny valentine