Brittany Murphy died of pneumoniaFebruary 5th, 2010 - 1:08 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 5 (ANI): A Los Angeles coroner has revealed that actress Brittany Murphy died due to pneumonia.
Spokesman Craig Harvey also said that iron-deficiency anaemia and “multiple drug intoxication” were secondary factors in her death.
While the drugs were all prescription medicines, more details are due in two weeks when a complete report is ready, reports the BBC.
The Clueless star passed away after collapsing at home on January 20. The coroner ruled the death was accidental.
Murphy’s husband, Simon Monjack and mother, Sharon Murphy, said the actress had been experiencing flu-like symptoms in the days before she died.
Monjack said his wife had several prescriptions, including one for an anti-seizure drug, but did not abuse her medication. (ANI)
- Coroner: Brittany Murphy's death caused by pneumonia and drug intoxication - Feb 05, 2010
- Brittany Murphy's Husband, Simon Monjack, Found Dead - May 25, 2010
- Brittany Murphy's hubby, mother moving to New York - Mar 04, 2010
- Stop the reckless drug death rumour, says Brittany Murphy's mum - Jul 23, 2010
- Simon Monjack's death similar to wife Brittany Murphy's - Jul 22, 2010
- Brittany Murphy death caused by pneumonia and drugs - Feb 05, 2010
- Like wife, Simon Monjack died of acute pneumonia - Jul 23, 2010
- Late Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack found dead - May 24, 2010
- Coroner: Brittany Murphy and husband Simon Monjack died of the same causes - Jul 23, 2010
- 'Toxicology report clears Brittany Murphy's name' - Feb 27, 2010
- Brittany Murphy didn't die due to prescription drugs, but due to pneumonia & iron deficiency - Mar 21, 2010
- Brittany Murphy's hubby 'emptied her bank accounts before his own death' - Jul 29, 2010
- Murphy's hubby 'ridiculously upset' over coroner's pneumonia findings - Feb 06, 2010
- Late Brittany Murphy's Husband, Simon Monjack, Dies Aged 39 - May 24, 2010
- Coroner States Simon Monjack Died of Pneumonia Just Like Brittany Murphy - Jul 23, 2010
Tags: actress, bbc, brittany murphy, clueless, drug intoxication, flu, flu like symptoms, iron deficiency, iron deficiency anaemia, january 20, london feb, los angeles coroner, mother sharon, pneumonia, prescription medicines, prescriptions, secondary factors, seizure, sharon murphy, simon monjack