Britney’s record label can’t get her to promote ‘Blackout’November 14th, 2007 - 8:13 am ICT by admin
“They can’t get Britney to do anything! They did get her to do one photo-shoot for some promotional materials, but beyond that, they can’t trust her to even show up. This album could’ve been so much bigger with Britney involved,” the New York Daily quoted the source, as saying.
“This is the one opportunity they have to try and sell a million records. They were forced to (go on with) their marketing plan” - without her,” the source said.
“They don’t feel they need her if she’s going to keep blowing them off. She’s already on the cover of every gossip magazine, and she’s on Perez Hilton nearly all day, every day for her antics,” the source added.
The source revealed that the label company was not willing to waste large sums of money on getting the ‘Toxic’ singer for getting her to endorse the album.
“Jive is just hoping to continue riding the Britney wave. The label can’t afford to waste their money hoping to get some of her time to help promote this. She’s too busy [hanging out] in a club somewhere,” the source said.
However, a Jive spokesperson said that the company stands by the singer.
“We absolutely stand behind Britney,” the spokesperson said. (ANI)
- Britney's new track 'Pleasure You' leaks - Oct 26, 2010
- New Album Of Britney Spears Is Scheduled To Be Discharged On March 15 In America - Jan 29, 2011
- Britney's new album to release in a 'few weeks' - Aug 04, 2010
- Britney Spears fined by traffic warden - Aug 13, 2009
- Britney Spears wanted to be a lawyer - Mar 10, 2011
- Britney Spears 'Telephone' Demo Leaked! - May 05, 2010
- Spears battling attention deficit disorder? - Jun 03, 2012
- Britney says she and beau Jason Trawick have a great time together - Apr 07, 2011
- Spears to have intimate wedding - Aug 23, 2012
- Britney Spears again working with Jason Trawick - Jan 25, 2011
- Beyonce stuns label bosses with 72 new tracks - May 17, 2011
- Spears keen on another child - Aug 31, 2011
- Kylie Minogue 'is let down by release of new album Aphrodite' - Mar 07, 2011
- Britney Spears' 'Femme Fatale' tour in chaos - Apr 07, 2011
- 'Femme Fatale' is my best ever album: Spears - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: absolutely, antics, blackout, britney, gossip magazine, jive records, marketing plan, million records, perez hilton, photo shoot, pop star, promotional materials, record label, s promotion, spokesperson, sums, wave