Britney’s Oz fans to pay $150 to see her mime on stageMarch 27th, 2009 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 27 (ANI): Britney Spears’ Australian fans might have to dish out 150 dollars each just to watch the star, who will only mime her popular numbers on stage.
Promoters in Australia are still in talks to lure Britney to perform in the country before the end of the year.
According to reports, Spears is requesting one million dollars per show for her first Australian tour.
And thus, Spears’ high fee and expensive production costs, along with the poor exchange rate, which means that tickets could start at around 120 dollars for the basic seats, and up to 200 dollars for premium seats.
But, according to insiders in music industry, the ‘Womaniser’ singer’s miming act might enrage Australian audiences, who are not used to singers who don’t actually sing.
YouTube video of Spears’ American gigs show that the singer display no signs of being out of breath, when she embarks on dance routines while singing.
“Australians don’t like paying to watch people mime,” News.com.au quoted a music industry source as saying.
The source added: “It’s meant to be a spectacular show with lots of dancing and choreography, but Justin Timberlake and Pink manage to dance and also sing live. Australian audiences have never really embraced acts who can’t cut it live.” (ANI)
- Spears cheers Roshon! - Mar 21, 2012
- Barry Manilow 'in love' with Britney Spears - Mar 12, 2011
- Morrison wants to see Adele in 'Glee' - May 24, 2012
- Britney's onstage miming may prompt new Oz legislation - Nov 07, 2009
- Ke$ha apologizes after insulting Britney Spears, Justin Bieber - Mar 24, 2010
- 'Jhumroo' - truly Kishore Kumar, truly Bollywood (Review) - Apr 06, 2012
- Lopez, Iglesias preparing surprise for fans - May 10, 2012
- Spears to receive honour for lengthy career - Aug 17, 2011
- Britney Spears Releases "Hold It Against Me" Teasers - Feb 06, 2011
- Timberlake wants to star in a musical - Oct 30, 2011
- Disgruntled Britney fans storm out of Oz show - Nov 07, 2009
- Tickets to Britney's Oz gigs on eBay for 99c! - Nov 13, 2009
- John Mayer defends Britney for lip-synching in Australia - Nov 10, 2009
- Will.i.am admits that he struggles while singing - May 25, 2012
- Spears battling attention deficit disorder? - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: australian audiences, australian fans, australians, britney spears, choreography, dance routines, enrage, exchange rate, industry source, insiders, justin timberlake, mime, miming, music industry, news com au, one million dollars, promoters, singers, stage melbourne, womaniser