Britney’s onstage miming may prompt new Oz legislationNovember 7th, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, November 7 (ANI): Britney Spears could prompt the Australian government to come up with a new legislation after the star was criticised for miming during the debut performance of her Circus tour in the country.
The singer, who arrived Down Under for 15 sold-out shows across the continent, recently left fans disgruntled as she preferred to lip-synch and concentrate on theatrics and dancing during the live performance.
Disappointed devotees, some of whom splashed up to 1500 dollars to see the star, even began walking out after just three songs, according to reports.
The country’s government was apparently mulling to enforce “new measures that would involve artists notifying fans on their tickets and advertisements if they intend to lip-sync”, reports the Fox News.
Britney’s tour manager, Steve Dixon, however, explained to Sydney’s local newspaper The Daily Telegraph that miming was not a concern and that the crowd was drawn to the “pop spectacular experience.”
A source close to Britney claimed she finds it hard to sing and dance at the same time.
The insider said: “Whenever Britney has to dance she lip syncs, but she really prefers to sing live when she doesn’t have to move around.” (ANI)
- John Mayer defends Britney for lip-synching in Australia - Nov 10, 2009
- Britney 'extremely upset' over claims Oz fans stormed out of her concert - Nov 09, 2009
- Miley Cyrus won't lip-sync at live shows - Mar 31, 2011
- Britney 'holed up' in Oz hotel after lip-synching gig shame - Nov 08, 2009
- Lily Allen says she'd mime worse than Britney - Dec 24, 2009
- Kylie Minogue admits to miming at Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - Nov 27, 2010
- Video of marines lip-synching Spears' 'Hold It Against Me' is YouTube hit - Apr 23, 2011
- Britney welcomed by Brisbane fans amid miming claims - Nov 23, 2009
- Ke$ha apologizes after insulting Britney Spears, Justin Bieber - Mar 24, 2010
- Tickets to Britney's Oz gigs on eBay for 99c! - Nov 13, 2009
- Britney's Oz gigs tickets on eBay reports 'fabricated' - Nov 14, 2009
- Pink 'wouldn't watch Britney's mimed concert' - Dec 16, 2009
- John Mayer defends Britney for Australian goof up - Nov 10, 2009
- Britney's DJ slams Oz press over lip-synching criticism - Nov 12, 2009
- Cheryl Cole Criticized For Miming Live Performance - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: advertisements, australian government, britney spears, circus tour, continent, crowd, daily telegraph, debut performance, devotees, fox news, lip sync, lip synch, lip syncs, live performance, new legislation, news britney, spectacular experience, steve dixon, theatrics, three songs