Britney’s ex manager files appeal against restraining orderMay 1st, 2009 - 1:00 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 1 (ANI): Britney Spears’ former manager Sam Lutfi has filed an appeal after a Los Angeles Superior Court judge ordered him to maintain his distance from the singer for three years.
The 34-year-old was slapped with a restraining order after Britney’s father, Jamie, alleged that Lutfi and lawyer Jon Eardley had attempted to challenge the validity of Jamie’s legal control over his daughter.
Jamie had further claimed that Lutfi, Britney’s close confidant during her personal meltdown, also arranged the smuggling of a cell phone to the pop star at a hotel.
Lutfi had then been ordered by the court to stay at least 100 yards away from the star, her two sons and her family members’ homes, and was also prohibited from contacting her and her kids, through phone, mail and email.
According to TMZ, Lutfi notified an L.A. court that he would appeal against the ruling that Spears’ restraining order against him was to be made permanent, reports Us magazine.
Byran Freedman, said that “the evidence showed it was Britney Spears reaching out to Mr. Lutfi and all he did was help her get a lawyer.” (ANI)
- Osama ordered not to contact Britney Spears (Lead, Changing Dateline) - Apr 29, 2009
- Stay away from Spears, court tells her former manager - Apr 29, 2009
- Britney's ex manager Sam Lutfi asked to stay away from roommate - Sep 29, 2010
- Britney's ex manager ordered to stay away from her for 3 years - Apr 29, 2009
- Britney's ex-manager Sam Lutfi may have to pay her legal fees - May 12, 2009
- Britneys dad alleges harassment by her former friends - Jan 31, 2009
- Britney compares dad's control to "prison": Lufti's lawyer - Apr 02, 2009
- Lutfi's sister says Britney wanted her brother's help - Apr 03, 2009
- Britneys hairdresser testifies against ex-manager Sam Lutfi - Feb 27, 2009
- LiLo's dad shifts her to new rehab facility over security fears - Dec 20, 2010
- Spears makes secret calls to ex-beau - Jun 25, 2010
- Britneys treated like Gulag victim, says LA lawyer - Mar 15, 2009
- Britneys snapper ex banned from contacting her for 3yrs - Mar 19, 2009
- Ex-boyfriend still in touch with Britney despite court order - Feb 28, 2009
- Sam Lutfis attempts to become Britneys conservator - Feb 03, 2009
Tags: angeles superior court, britney spears, byran, cell phone, confidant, daughter jamie, email, family members, freedman, jon eardley, lawyer, los angeles superior court, lutfi, may 1, meltdown, phone mail, pop star, restraining order, superior court judge, validity