Britney’s ex-beau Adnan Ghalib surrenders to face assault chargesFebruary 26th, 2009 - 3:47 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, February 26 (ANI): Pop diva Britney Spears’ ex-boyfriend, photographer Adnan Ghalib, has surrendered to face felony charges for allegedly trying to run over a process server, who was attempting to serve a restraining order obtained by the singer’s father.
The 36-year-old’s surrender came on Wednesday, a day after an arrest warrant was issued against him, reports People magazine.
He pleaded innocent in a Van Nuys Superior Court, and was released on 110,000-dollar bail.
He also went to the police station for formal booking on the warrant, and visited a bail bondsman.
Ghalib was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, hit-and-run, and battery on Tuesday.
He may face seven years in prison if convicted.
The charges against him include special allegations: use of a deadly weapon—a car—and great bodily injury.
It is alleged that Ghalib tried to assault a process server by running into him on February11. (ANI)
- Britney's ex Adnan Ghalib pleads not guilty in felony assault case - Aug 25, 2009
- Britneys paparazzi ex charged with felony assault - Feb 25, 2009
- Britney's paparazzi ex faces suit over 'hit and run' - Apr 17, 2009
- Spears ex investigated for assault with deadly weapon - Feb 13, 2009
- Spears ex Adnan Ghalib faces 7yrs jail in hit-and-run case - Feb 27, 2009
- Britney 'still in love with paparazzo ex' - Aug 26, 2009
- Mumbai hit-and-run: Alistair Pereira sent to jail - Jan 20, 2012
- Britney's paparazzo ex beau jailed for leaving accident - Nov 21, 2009
- Alistair Pereira surrenders in hit and run case - Jan 16, 2012
- Britneys snapper ex banned from contacting her for 3yrs - Mar 19, 2009
- Estella Warren won't be charged for felony escape - May 30, 2011
- Lindsay Lohan released on bail - Apr 23, 2011
- Actor John Abraham detained - Mar 09, 2012
- Woman accused of attacking Dicaprio pleads not guilty - Aug 12, 2010
- Californian Highway Patrol officer arrested on tax fraud charges - Jan 06, 2010
Tags: adnan, allegations, arrest warrant, assault charges, assault with a deadly weapon, bail bondsman, bodily injury, britney spears, felony charges, formal booking, ghalib, people magazine, police station, pop diva, process server, restraining order, seven years, superior court, surrender, van nuys