Britney wins a little more time with her kidsNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:05 am ICT by admin
Spears’ attorney had filed an emergency motion on Oct 10 seeking to expand the singer’s visitation rights.
Mark Vincent Kaplan, the lawyer for Kevin Federline, said he “voluntarily agreed” to allow the elongated visit but refused to offer any other specifics.
The ‘Toxic’ singer made an in-person appeal two hours after Los Angeles Court Commissioner Scott Gordon initially refused to change the custody arrangements.
Spears spent an hour answering the judge’s questions, following which Gordon apparently had a change of heart, reports E! Online.
Under Gordon’s current order, Spears is required to have a monitor with her at all times when she is in the presence of her sons. If the supervisor determines that any behavior Spears exhibits endanger her children or be simply inappropriate, her visits may be cut short.
Both Spears and Federline must appear in court together at a further hearing on October 26, Los Angeles Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini said.
Gordon, who had earlier deemed Spears a “habitual, frequent and continuous user” of alcohol and controlled substances, temporarily stripped her of custody last week after she failed to abide by his terms, including submitting to random drug testing and showing proof of a California driver’s license.
Since then, Spears has passed both drug tests and her driver’s license exam and was counting on that to expand her visitation rights. (ANI)
- LiLo expected to leave jail soon - Sep 25, 2010
- Britney Spears regains custody of her children - Apr 18, 2011
- Spears may share kids' custody with Federline - Apr 18, 2011
- Britney Spears 'to regain custody of her sons' - Apr 17, 2011
- Spears wants full time custody of sons - Nov 25, 2010
- Wedding bells for Britney Spears, Jason Trawick? - Apr 07, 2011
- Spears to have intimate wedding - Aug 23, 2012
- Federline poses with pregnant girlfriend - Apr 06, 2011
- Former Bodyguard Fernando Flores sues Britney Spears - Sep 09, 2010
- Kevin Federline's girlfriend shows off her baby bump - Apr 06, 2011
- Britney, Kevin reunite for sons' special day - Jun 27, 2010
- Britney Spears Sued For Sexual Harassment By Former Bodyguard Fernando Flores - Sep 09, 2010
- Britney, K-Fed 'in 50-50 custody of kids' - Sep 26, 2009
- Federline welcomes fifth kid - Aug 17, 2011
- Britney Spears set to marry again? - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: angeles superior court, apparently, california driver, commissioner scott, court commissioner, custody arrangements, emergency motion, kevin federline, los angeles superior court, mark vincent, random drug testing, spears and federline, visitation rights