Britney Spears was on Prozac at 18June 4th, 2009 - 4:19 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 4 (ANI): Britney Spears was prescribed Prozac-used for depression and panic attacks-at the age of 18.
The singer, who rose to stardom in her teens, had stunning looks, bags of talent, a multi-million dollar fortune, and worldwide fame.
But, when it came to her personal life, she was a nervous wreck and was on Prozac at the tender age of 18 years.
During the European leg of her ‘Oops! I Did It Again’ tour in the winter of 2000, Britney started having “massive anxieties” in the middle of the night.
“She had trouble sleeping and crying fits. She was restless and agitated. Nights were the only times she was alone and she struggled with that… When nothing was happening, it drove her crazy. Only exhaustion would knock her out,” the Mirror quoted a source close to Britney as saying.
Her anxiety was not drug-induced, but was her natural state, which got further aggravated by fame.
Britney’s moods noticeably started swinging- high and happy one minute, sad and brooding the next.
And thus, the ‘Womaniser’ star was prescribed Prozac.
However, she treated it like headache tablets, and took a pill only on the days she awoke depressed-this seemed to make her more hyper. (ANI)
- How Prozac alters brain plasticity - Mar 16, 2011
- Anxiety disorders mount since credit crunch - Jan 01, 2012
- Britney sells home at loss - Mar 10, 2012
- Spears' fiance becomes her co-conservator - Apr 26, 2012
- Britney Spears tweets 'Glee' photos of 'Britney/Brittney' episode - Sep 28, 2010
- Cher says marriage to Sonny Bono drove her to the brink of suicide - Dec 05, 2010
- Genetically defective mice to help understand human depression - Jun 30, 2010
- Tai chi 'cuts depression in elderly people' - Mar 17, 2011
- Depression, anxiety affects every society: Study - Jul 24, 2012
- Britney Spears Dead Rumors Hit The Web - Jun 29, 2010
- Britney's songs to feature on 'Glee' special - Aug 12, 2010
- Hurley begs Nayar for forgiveness - Dec 20, 2010
- Britney Spears's hair faux pas! - Jun 06, 2010
- JK Rowling tells Oprah Winfrey of her battle with suicidal demons - Sep 26, 2010
- Sleepless nights, weight gain worst things about being new mum: UK mothers - Jul 10, 2010
Tags: 18 years, anxieties, anxiety, britney spears, depression, dollar fortune, exhaustion, headache tablets, london, mirror, moods, nervous wreck, panic attacks, personal life, prozac, stardom, tender age, worldwide fame