Britney Spears sued over fragrance dealApril 1st, 2011 - 7:29 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, April 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Singer Britney Spears has been sued for $10 million by a company that claims represented her to get a deal with Elizabeth Arden. The suit which was filed on Wednesday also cited Britney’s father, Jamie, as a co-defendant.
Brand Sense Partners LLC who represented Spears in their negotiations with Elizabeth Arden in 2004 claim that Britney and her father went behind their back to order the company to make payments directly to her. Brand Sense claim that the move by Britney and Jamie caused them to lose at least $10 million in revenue.
According to the details provided in the suit, Britney and Brand Sense entered into a deal in 2003. The contract required Brand Sense to represent the singer and get her a licensing deal. In 2004, the company managed to secure a deal with Elizabeth Arden.
The suit said when Brand Sense renegotiated its deal with Britney to raise their commission to 35 percent Britney allegedly altered her contract with Elizabeth Arden ordering them to make payments directly to her.
Britney’s father, Jamie, was granted control of her daughter’s finances as part her conservatorship back in 2008. Some analysts believe that the conservatorship in a way provided the singer a legal immunity.
- Britney Spears sued over perfume deal - Mar 31, 2011
- Britney Spears in legal mess over perfume deal - Mar 31, 2011
- Britney Spears sued by Brand Sense Partners - Jun 07, 2011
- Britney being sued for $10M by former business partners - Mar 31, 2011
- Britney agrees to pay to end lawsuit - Feb 18, 2012
- Britney Spears wants an action movie role - Apr 06, 2011
- Spears sued for $10 mn - Jun 05, 2011
- Spears' fiance becomes her co-conservator - Apr 26, 2012
- Spears' fiance to become her co-conservator - Apr 09, 2012
- Britney Spears still under conservatorship - Oct 01, 2010
- Lindsay's dad seeking conservatorship over her - Sep 30, 2010
- Britney's dad moves court for money? - Jun 16, 2011
- Jamie Lynn Spears' daughter sings Britney's number - Aug 02, 2011
- Britney gets court's nod to auction her silver gown - Jan 26, 2010
- Britney Spears 'beyond caring' about being under conservatorship - Jun 08, 2010