Britney Spears sued by Brand Sense PartnersJune 7th, 2011 - 9:13 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, June 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Britney Spears appears ready to battle a suit brought against her by Brand Sense Partners. The company claims that the singer breached a contract that they have with her when she went behind the company to receive payments directly from the perfume brand Elizabeth Arden.
The suit further claimed that the singer failed to pay them the amount that were due them when she received those payments. Spears’ father was also cited as a plaintiff in the lawsuit. Brand Sense is seeking $10 million in damages. When the case was called, the 29-year-old Toxic hitmaker failed to appear in court and her lawyers are arguing that Spears is not competent to appear in court and give testimony. The judge will rule whether it is necessary for Spears to be called to the court.
Spears’ lawyers have gone a step further telling the court that the singer complied with all the contractual issues that she had with Brand Sense. The lawyers provided documents to that effect to the court and urged the judge to order Brand Sense to compensate their client. Britney is also seeking that Brand Sense should be made to pay all the legal fees that she will accrue.
- Britney agrees to pay to end lawsuit - Feb 18, 2012
- Britney being sued for $10M by former business partners - Mar 31, 2011
- Britney Spears sued over perfume deal - Mar 31, 2011
- Britney Spears in legal mess over perfume deal - Mar 31, 2011
- Britney Spears sued over fragrance deal - Apr 01, 2011
- Spears sued for $10 mn - Jun 05, 2011
- Britney Spears wants an action movie role - Apr 06, 2011
- Britney Spears denies accusations in Flores' lawsuit - Jul 21, 2011
- JLo tops list of perfume makers - Jun 30, 2012
- Britney Spears Sued by Nanny for $35,000 in Unpaid Wages - Oct 04, 2010
- Demi Lovato dyes her hair pink - Jun 19, 2012
- Court acts on Microsoft plea on software piracy - Jun 16, 2012
- Prisoner sued Kim Kardashian and her sisters for emotional distress - Sep 25, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan now faces a lawsuit by a limo company - Oct 10, 2011
- Web content case: No relief to Facebook India (Lead) - May 30, 2012