Britney Spears shoots commercial for gay perfumeMay 29th, 2009 - 1:17 am ICT by IANS
London, May 28 (IANS) Pop star Britney Spears has shot for a fake advertisement for a perfume aimed at homosexuals.
The “Toxic” hitmaker has her own line of highly successful fragrances, and decided to poke fun at her career as a perfumer by recording a short film for the organisers of the Logo TV network’s NewNowNext awards, which embrace gay culture, reports contactmusic.com.
The singer is seen promoting a faux new fragrance called ‘Mo’, a term of endearment in the gay community.
The video features footage from her previous perfume ads before the star addresses the camera to read the tag line, “One spray and the gays will run your way!”
Logo executive producer Christopher Willey explained Spears’ decision to take part in the ad.
“She’s having fun with her gay audience, because she’s an official gay icon at such a young and tender age. She has this natural rapport with the gay community. I think she just really likes her gay fans and she sees this as a way to talk directly to them, which she hasn’t really done before,” he said.
The second annual NewNowNext prizegiving show airs in the US June 13 and will see Spears presented with the Always Next, Forever Now award.
- Britney makes spoof ad for gay fragrance - May 29, 2009
- Madonna plans second perfume - Apr 18, 2012
- Britney to launch ninth fragrance in September - Jul 21, 2010
- Selena Gomez's scent inspired by Olsen - Apr 15, 2012
- Fergie launches second perfume - Apr 11, 2011
- Britney Spears to be named gay icon - Apr 29, 2009
- Tulisa launches her fragrance - 'Female Boss' - Oct 27, 2011
- Lady Gaga Reportedly Wants New Fragrance To Smell Like 'Blood And Semen' - Jan 27, 2011
- Gomez to launch first fragrance by next year - Jul 20, 2011
- Taylor Swift to come up with her first fragrance - Nov 02, 2010
- Mariah Carey to release perfume trio - Jun 16, 2011
- Bieber scent to be honoured at FiFi awards - May 18, 2012
- I don't leave home without perfume: Kate Moss - Dec 02, 2010
- Rihanna to launch male fragrance - Apr 06, 2012
- Shakira launches second fragrance - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: britney spears, executive producer, gay audience, gay community, gay culture, gay fans, gay icon, hitmaker, homosexuals, natural rapport, new fragrance, newnownext, organisers, pop star, short film, tag line, tender age, term of endearment, tv network, video features footage