Britney Spears sets parenting program in motionNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:48 am ICT by admin
“She’s not nervous, she’s actually looking forward to it,” People quoted the source, as saying.
The six week program teaches cooperative parenting and communication skills, and is one of several requirements that L.A. Superior Court Commissioner Scott Gordon ordered Britney to complete.
“Instead of saying ‘You’re always bringing the kids home late because you’re an insensitive jerk.’ We teach parents instead to say ‘When you bring the kids home late, I feel like you’re not valuing my time, and I feel hurt or angry as a result,’” Craig Ogulnick, a supervisor for the program, said.
Both Kevin and Britney are required in court on Oct 26 for a progress review, and must have completed at least three joint co-parenting counseling sessions together, the source said.
Besides, the ‘Toxic’ singer is also required to complete three individual counseling sessions “to address parenting issues.”
Currently Federline retains physical custody of sons Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1. (ANI)
- Spears may share kids' custody with Federline - Apr 18, 2011
- Spears to have intimate wedding - Aug 23, 2012
- Spears keen on another child - Aug 31, 2011
- Federline 'really happy' for Spears - Dec 20, 2011
- Britney 'bawled like a baby' during parenting session - Nov 14, 2007
- Wedding bells for Britney Spears, Jason Trawick? - Apr 07, 2011
- Britney Spears 'to regain custody of her sons' - Apr 17, 2011
- Confused Spears delays wedding ceremony - Jul 30, 2012
- Britney's ex K-Fed defends her over child abuse allegations - Sep 10, 2010
- Britney's 'beau seeks K-Fed's blessings for marriage' - Dec 28, 2009
- Britney, Kevin reunite for sons' special day - Jun 27, 2010
- Britney says she and beau Jason Trawick have a great time together - Apr 07, 2011
- Britney Spears regains custody of her children - Apr 18, 2011
- Spears, Trawick engaged - Dec 17, 2011
- Britney Spears planning traditional wedding ? - Dec 31, 2011
Tags: britney spears, commissioner scott, communication skills, cooperative parenting, counseling, court commissioner, husband kevin, james 1, jayden james, jerk, kevin federline, mandatory, parenting issues, parenting program, parents, physical custody, sessions, superior court