Britney Spears’ hit and run charge dismissedNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:52 am ICT by admin
Paparazzi pics and video showed Spears getting out of her vehicle to survey the damage and then taking off.
The owner of the car, Kim Robard-Rifkin, filed a police report against Spears a few days after the incident.
The singer was then charged with a misdemeanour hit and run and a misdemeanour count of driving without a valid California license.
The first charge was dismissed by Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Susan Speer after she was informed that Britney had reached a settlement of roughly 1,000 pounds to cover the damage done.
However Ms Speer refused to dismiss the second charge, reports E!Online.
Britney’s attorney Michael Flanagan then entered a not guilty plea on Spears’ behalf to the second charge.
Since the August 6 incident, singer has obtained a license and Flanagan and the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office are attempting to work out a plea agreement.
Flanagan says prosecutors want to place Spears on a year’s probation for her driving indiscretion.
If she does receive some sort of citation during that time, be it speeding, driving with her kids on her lap or running over paparazzi limbs, it would constitute probation violation and Spears could receive jail time. (ANI)
- Britney Spears turns down $3000 fine deal - Jan 25, 2008
- Britney to go to trial after rejecting plea deal in driving case - Oct 09, 2008
- Britney reaches settlement in hit and run case - Nov 14, 2007
- Britney headed to court for driving without a valid licence - Sep 19, 2008
- Britney involved in yet another fender bender - Oct 10, 2008
- Britneys failed hit-and-run case may be Los Angeles election issue - Dec 21, 2008
- Janet Jackson refuses 'X-Factor' - Mar 04, 2012
- DUI charges against Aguilera's beau dropped - Apr 18, 2011
- Matthew Fox may enter Alcohol Treatment Program - Jun 06, 2012
- Britney Spears rejects plea deal on road accident - Oct 09, 2008
- Lindsay Lohan visits women centre - May 04, 2011
- Joe Jonas to join Britney Spears' summer tour - Aug 01, 2011
- No rivalry with Lovato: Jonas - Aug 17, 2012
- Mueller charged for cocaine possession - Feb 26, 2012
- Britney Spears Sued For Sexual Harassment By Former Bodyguard Fernando Flores - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: angeles city, angeles superior court, attorney michael, britney spears, california license, guilty plea, indiscretion, los angeles city attorney, los angeles superior court, michael flanagan, misdemeanour, paparazzi, plea agreement, probation violation, rifkin, speer, time court commissioner, valid california