Britney planning Australian tourMarch 22nd, 2009 - 1:12 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 22 (ANI): Pop star Britney Spears is planning to make her first Australian tour.
The singer is talks with leading concert promoters, and tour dates are expected to be scheduled for later this year.
“All the promoters are vying for it, but the bottom line is she really wants to come here and she really wants to come here this year,” News.com.au quoted Sony Australia boss Denis Handlin, as saying.
Handlin spoke to Barry Weiss, the head of Spears” American record label, last week about the tour.
“I think the promoters are battling it out at the moment,” he said.
Frontier Touring’’s Michael Gudinski confirmed he was in negotiations with Spears” management.
Gudinski said several promoters had been chasing the Toxic hitmaker.
“I don”t expect anything will be worked out or finalised for a month, but we”re in there,” he said. (ANI)
- Britney Spears' 'Femme Fatale' tour in chaos - Apr 07, 2011
- Kylie Minogue bringing her most lavish stage production yet to Oz - Mar 03, 2011
- Joe Jonas to join Britney Spears' summer tour - Aug 01, 2011
- Spears to receive honour for lengthy career - Aug 17, 2011
- Madge, Britney touring Australia this year? - Jan 29, 2009
- Michael Buble defends Britney over miming controversy - Nov 17, 2009
- Britney Spears to end Circus in "nice place" Melbourne - Aug 27, 2009
- Spears searching for homeless fan - Oct 04, 2011
- Spears to appear on 'Glee' - Aug 11, 2010
- John Farnham keen to make a comeback - Mar 17, 2009
- Britney Spears-new role model for Disney? - Dec 20, 2010
- Jay McGuiness loves Spears' smile - Aug 10, 2012
- Spears has nothing to prove - Sep 25, 2011
- Rihanna to make lucrative appearance at Sydney nightclub - Mar 02, 2011
- Britney Spears set to marry again? - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: barry weiss, boss, bottom line, britney spears, concert promoters, denis handlin, frontier, hitmaker, melbourne, michael gudinski, negotiations, pop star, record label, sony, sony australia, tour dates