Britney ordered to pay K-Fed’s legal billsNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:36 am ICT by admin
While making the ruling he stated the “disparity between the parties income” and that “the vast majority of the … litigation deals with [Spears's] conduct” as the reason he thinks Britney should pay Federline’s legal bills.
Spears now has to cough up 120,000 dollars immediately.
However, the number is 40, 000 dollars less than what Kaplan was aiming at.
Kaplan had petitioned for 160,000 dollars on Oct. 10, stating that his client had paid 31,900 dollars and was “in immediate and dire need of attorneys’ fees.”
He also stated at the time that though Federline has about 726,000 dollars in assets, 125,000 dollars out of that is already earmarked for other bills.
Court documents released last week showed just how different Britney and Kevin’s spending habits were.
According to the documents, Federline bagged more than a half million dollars in 2006, primarily from entertainment and endorsement deals. The documents have revealed that he earned 3,300 dollars in royalties in 2006 for his debut song “Popozao.”
However, excluding business expenses, he only grossed 7,436 dollars that year.
Spears’ monthly income is approximately 737,000 dollars.
Like their incomes, the documents show how their spending habits also vary.
The ‘Toxic’ singer spends 102,000 dollars on entertainment, gifts and vacation, 49,267 dollars on mortgage payments, 16,000 dollars on clothes, 4,758 dollars on eating out and 2,500 dollars on phone bills.
Federline’s expenses, on the other hand, include 5,000 dollars on entertainment, gifts and vacation, 7,500 dollars on rent, 2,000 dollars on clothes, 1,500 dollars on eating out and 750 dollars on phone bills. (ANI)
- This is how Britney spends her millions - Nov 14, 2007
- Kevin Federline in the dock for trashed mansion - Aug 06, 2012
- Federline welcomes fifth kid - Aug 17, 2011
- Former Bodyguard Fernando Flores sues Britney Spears - Sep 09, 2010
- Britney Spears loves her kitchen - Nov 28, 2011
- Britney Spears Sued For Sexual Harassment By Former Bodyguard Fernando Flores - Sep 09, 2010
- Britney Spears 'to regain custody of her sons' - Apr 17, 2011
- Spears may share kids' custody with Federline - Apr 18, 2011
- Britney, K-Fed 'in 50-50 custody of kids' - Sep 26, 2009
- Spears, Trawick engaged - Dec 17, 2011
- Spears buys motorbike for boyfriend - Dec 16, 2011
- Federline 'really happy' for Spears - Dec 20, 2011
- My kids will be in showbiz: Spears - Sep 21, 2011
- Spears to have intimate wedding - Aug 23, 2012
- Spears keen on another child - Aug 31, 2011
Tags: 300, britney and kevin, business expenses, clothes, commissioner scott, court commissioner, court documents, debut song, documents show, earmarked, endorsement deals, entertainment gifts, federline, kaplan, legal bills, mortgage payments, phone bills, popozao, spending habits, superior court