Britney might become permanently bald: Hair expertsMarch 9th, 2008 - 4:21 pm ICT by admin
London , Mar 9 (ANI): Britney Spears is facing a danger of going bald again, for the troubled singer is losing her hair in clumps.
The pop-wreck has long been covering her patchy scalp with wigs and extensions fitted by top Beverly Hills stylist Kim Vo.
However, from what is evident of some recent photographs, even though most of her earlier hair are growing back, there are frightening bare areas on top of her head.
After seeing rear-view pictures of the 26-year-old stars head, many hair and scalp experts have warned that she may suffer from a serious condition leaving her permanently bald.
According to LA-based Dr Maurice Messler, the Toxic star might be suffering from what is called alopeciaa stress-caused ailment.
It looks like she could be displaying early signs of alopecia. This can be stress-related or caused as an unforeseen consequence of hairstyling routines, such as excessively tight braiding. In some people, it can also be caused by a psychological compulsion to literally pull or tear out ones own hair, the Daily Star quoted him, as saying.
Some medical treatments, including certain psychotropic drugs, can cause hair loss or accelerate the effects of alopecia, said a second specialist.
Right now, Britney is under psychiatric care and is taking a minimum of two such prescription drugs as well as pills to help her sleep.
Meanwhile, celebrity stylist Vo has been working on the singer four times a week and is replacing her existing hair extensions with new technologically advanced ones an still holds hope for the troubled stars long locks.
Her natural hair is now about five inches long and work on her new extensions is a long process but we are looking forward to very exciting results, Vo said.
However, a stylist from another salon, who has also worked with Spears, laments her condition and sees no future improvement in her condition.
There are several areas where her hair doesnt seem to be growing back at all. And what hair there is is very brittle, almost spiky in parts. It breaks my heart because I dont think shell ever again have those lovely long, natural tresses she once had, he said.
Other celebrities who suffered from alopecia include the likes of Princess Caroline of Monaco , Star Trek actor Patrick Stewart, telly presenter Gail Porter and comedian Matt Lucas. (ANI)
- Britney Spears all set to have super-long hair - Jan 04, 2011
- Having "dream hair" could lead to baldness - Mar 18, 2010
- Naomi Campbell Turning Bald? - Jul 03, 2010
- Discovery to help balding men regrow hair - Jun 26, 2012
- Hair extensions could leave you with bald spots - Jan 26, 2010
- Bald and beautiful: Women take the bold cut (Feature) - Nov 14, 2011
- Naomi Campbell's photo reveals shocking bald patches - Aug 09, 2012
- Jolie criticised for Zahara's hair extensions - Dec 24, 2011
- Scarring hair loss in African-American women attributed to hairstyles - Apr 12, 2011
- Hair extensions can lead to baldness - Jan 02, 2009
- Bald Miss Delaware to take part in Miss America beauty pageant - Jan 06, 2011
- Clean right, eat right for healthy hair this monsoon - Aug 08, 2012
- Kate Gosselin Sports New Hairdo - Jan 07, 2010
- Hope for balding men - Mar 22, 2012
- TV presenter Gail Porter losing hair again - Dec 01, 2010
Tags: ailment, alopecia, beverly hills, britney spears, cause hair loss, celebrity stylist, clumps, compulsion, daily star, hair extensions, locks, medical treatments, natural hair, pills, prescription drugs, psychiatric care, psychotropic drugs, rear view, troubled stars, wigs